|Published||September 17, 2023|
Apartments.com - Team Lead, DevOps
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world's real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We've continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
Apartments.com is the nation's #1 rental marketplace for owners, property managers and consumers. Apartments.com is the network that millions of renters every year rely on to find their new place, is continuing to grow our industry-leading sales force. We provide apartment Property Managers and Owners with a platform to market their property listings and the industry's most comprehensive virtual tools to attract the most and highest-quality renters. The Apartments.com Network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, and eight other leading rental sites. Our suite of services includes digital advertising, social and reputation management, and market analytic solutions which delivers innovative tools for our customers.
Learn more about Apartments.com.
The CoStar Apartments DevOps team is looking for a Technical Team Lead, DevOps Engineer! Here you will be leading a medium sized team responsible for supporting the vision, strategy, and implementation of CoStar's leading brand Apartments.com. The ideal candidate is a leader and able to provide mentorship, champion ideas, define procedures, and collaborate with stakeholders across IT and departments. They are driven by success and learn from their failures; and most importantly they are looking to make a difference.
This position is located in Irvine, CA and offers 2 days remote per week.
- A leader who is team first and understands that together we can make a solid impact on CoStar's success.
- One who can work in a fast-paced growing environment and provide innovative solutions by leveraging latest technology trends to meet the demands of tomorrow today.
- A motivated individual who has experience and is familiar with mass scale architecture and able to support multiple software products and brands across the organization such as LoopNet, Homes.com, and Ten-X.
- Someone who supports growth of their team thru coaching, training, courses, and mentorship and wants to grow themselves by staying current themselves.
- Strategically minded who is passionate about DevOps principles and always striving for operational excellence using IaC, CI/CD, and purposeful monitoring that identify system bottlenecks and application issues with a goal to provide sound architecture.
- Embraces collaboration and meshes well with teams in the IT and business organization; understands their duties are similar as delegated by Director of DevOps, Operations, Development, Chief Technology Officer, and others.
- Possesses exceptional communication skills that allow them to execute this intensely collaborative role.
- Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited, not-for-profit university or college.
- A track record of commitment to prior employers.
- 5+ years' experience with managing heavy web traffic sites using mass scale architecture
- Solid sizing and estimation techniques for small to large size tasks and projects
- Experience managing a DevOps team
- Experience in AWS managing components like (VPC, RDS, ELB/ALB, ECS, Route 53, Lambda, Redis and more)
- Configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Application load balancing technologies such as F5 LTMs, including management of VIPs, pools, nodes, iRule authoring, SSL offloading.
- Experience with Server/Application SaaS solutions like DataDog
- Heavy scripting support (PowerShell), Bash
- Experience with configuring Content Delivery Networks (CDN) for performance caching and global traffic management
- Familiarity with infrastructure foundation components of large networks in AWS and on-prem (e.g., systems & network administration, DNS, hypervisors, containers, databases, multi-datacenters)
Preferred Qualifications And Skills
- Programming languages / some developer background with either Java, C#, Python, NodeJS
- Server-less architecture methodologies
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and remediation
- Experience in REST API or Microservices development
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Agile methodologies and working on short sprint cycles
What's in it for You
When you join CoStar Group, you'll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Virtual and in person mental health counseling services for individuals and family
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes
- Access to CoStar Group's Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Employee Resource Groups
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
This position offers a base salary range of $125,000 - $234,000, based on relevant skills and experience and includes a generous benefits plan.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing