|Published||July 11, 2022|
At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles not only one step further but all the way then we would like to hear from you.
In particular we are looking for an accomplished senior DevOps engineer with strong leadership skills to build and further grow a top-class DevOps team responsible for architecting, implementing and operating the modern software development environment enabling the realization of self-driving vehicles. You will be leading the DevOps team working on every step of the software development and automation process in order to enable our R&D teams.
- Grow and develop a strong cross-functional DevOps team building and enabling a state of the art development environment for robotics applications
- Support the development and implementation of a Bosch wide PMT (Process, Methods, Tools) framework by shaping the overall vision together with the management team as well as driving the technical implementation
- Constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness of our software development process by applying automation as well as full transparency to all development steps
- Continuously drive innovation by developing as well as applying cutting-edge software development tooling and processes to our PMT eco-system together with your team
- Lead by example and foster modern code development standards by providing best practices training and mentoring to software developers globally across all domains as well as actively reviewing pull requests and architecture proposals within PMT
- Guide your team on a daily basis by applying scrum as well as towards a long-term vision
At least a Bachelor degree in CS, CE, E/E or comparable
Minimum 6, preferably 7+ years of experience in DevOps or comparable field providing you with a track record of successful implemented large-scale software development environments as a team lead featuring
- Deterministic build systems including package & dependency management
- Fully automated modern CI/CD processes
- Large data storage based on Hadoop, HDFS or other large filesystems based on modern storage technologies
- Raw data as well as meta-data management systems including duplication and back-up strategies
- Fully transparent reporting mechanisms based on lightweight frameworks
- Modern API based service architectures with built in resilience providing the highest level of SLA
- Horizontally as well as vertically scalable infrastructure, located on-premise as well as in the cloud
- Fully integrated solutions offered as IaaS, SaaS and PaaS
- Modern IT security standards and processes
as well as leadership knowledge based on
- The experience of leading SW development expert teams focusing on tool and infrastructure development to successful product deployments
- Hands-on experience in agile methodologies
- Active stakeholder management to align roadmaps, budgets as well as requirements
Preferable skills regarding
- Understanding the technology behind self-driving vehicles and/or robotics
- Embedded Linux, QNX, Robot Operating System (ROS) and RTOS experience in general
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World in Motion)