|Published||September 15, 2023|
AWS DevOps Engineer – Contract – Charlotte, NC – $60.00-$69.00/hr
The final salary or hourly wage, as applicable, paid to each candidate/applicant for this position is ultimately dependent on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s/applicant’s qualifications, skills, and level of experience as well as the geographical location of the position.
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Cognizant is seeking a AWS DevOps Engineer in Charlotte, NC.
• Installing and configuring cloud solutions, implementing reusable components, translating technical requirements into solutions and performing maintenance and updates.
• Build automated deployments through use of configuration management tools and technologies.
• Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices.
• Deploy new software and upgrades and complete fixes within the production environment.
• Make modules ready for production, moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
• Evaluate existing applications and platforms and give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis
• Identify the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
• Provide direct server support during various operations such as deployment and general production.
• Expertise in at least two or more tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Azure DevOps and Atlassian tools
• Ability to provision infrastructure using Cloud Formation or Terraform.
• Design, implement and test agreed-upon infrastructures.
• Automating deployment of applications, system configurations and security settings.
• Prioritizing requests from operations, development and product teams
Contracting at Cognizant will see you working with the world’s leading companies to improve everyday life. Unlike many IT gigs, Cognizant’s unique consultative approach will see you help clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses with the latest tech, not just deliver a standard project.
Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant serves 177 of the Fortune 500, and has enjoyed consecutive years of growth, so you’ll never be short of finding your next gig with them. Plus you’ll enjoy many of the perks you’d expect from one of the most admired companies in the world.
Skills & Requirements
• 6 -10 years DevOps experience along with 3-4 years of AWS Cloud experience.
• Experience running large scale customer facing web services/microservices in a DevOps/SRE environment.
• Aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new cloud technologies as needed.
• Good Understanding of a programming language and REST APIs, Cloud Infrastructure concepts and data center load balancing technologies, Networking and TCP/IP Server hardware configuration and Standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
• Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems.
• Knowledge of Linux or windows scripting languages, such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell etc.
• Monitoring and Instrumentation DevOps toolchain Technical and Professional Expertise.
• Extensive and current AWS DevOps best practices and tooling expertise.
This position is a contract/temporary role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical benefits, dental benefits, vision benefits, 401K and Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit).
As Cognizant’s chosen recruitment partner we have this role exclusively, so you will work with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of Cognizant, the role, the Information Technology industry and market trends. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers and so can keep you in mind when future gigs like this come up with Cognizant. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. One of Hays’ guiding principles is ‘do the right thing’. We also believe that actions speak louder than words. In that regard, we train our staff on ensuring inclusivity throughout the entire recruitment process and counsel our clients on these principles. If you have any questions about Hays or any of our processes, please contact us.
In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local law protecting qualified individuals with known disabilities, Hays will attempt to reasonably accommodate those individuals unless doing so would create an undue hardship on the company. Any qualified applicant or consultant with a disability who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should call or text 813.336.5570.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.