|Published||July 9, 2022|
This open position is for a self-motivated, ideas-driven database operations engineer who will work across the department to build and release database objects throughout our various environments. This role is expected to efficiently deliver sustainable CI/CD solutions for the problems identified as a result of collaboration with engineers and architects. Candidates will be expected to participate in team problem solving exercises, Agile sprint ceremonies, implementation of backlog items, and peer code reviews. The ideal candidate will be expected to have a diverse background in modern infrastructure and automation tooling, a DevOps mindset, and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Able to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Practical experience with implementing DevOps solutions for SQL Server databases.
- Experience with database deployments using database projects and DACPACs.
- Possess a passion for evangelizing quality-centric best practices; tempered with an understanding of modern agile and DevOps practices.
- Experience working with third party APIs to deliver automated solutions.
- Self-motivated learner who has an aptitude for solving problems, troubleshooting issues, and sharing learning outcomes.
- Experience managing code with Git and welcomes opportunities to participate in pull requests.
- Conceptual and practical familiarity with CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with containers and how tooling can be virtualized/scaled appropriately.
- Working knowledge of Blue/Green deployment strategies
- SQL Server / SQL Server Data Tools
- Command line tools
- Azure Pipelines (Classic, YAML)