|Location||La Crosse, WI|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Build Release Engineer will architect, develop, maintain, and streamline OptumServe’s automated build and release infrastructure and deployment pipeline from code compilation, automated testing to deploying releases to multiple environments. The Build Release Engineer will work closely with Network Administration, IT Operations, Enterprise Monitoring, DBA, Software Development, QA, and BA teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to build and improve OptumServe’s continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Setup, install, configure, and maintain build infrastructure
- Create and maintain build and deployment scripts
- Maintain source control branches and perform integrations with merge conflicts
- Perform periodic builds and deployments to production environment
- Perform manual code merges and deploy partial releases and patches
- Work with other IT teams to review pre-release checklists and coordinate activities to be performed prior to, during and post releases by others
- Work with other IT teams to perform troubleshooting and resolution of build and deployment issues in sprint and during releases related to deployment targets, databases, certificates, permissions, firewall changes, IIS configurations and any other system and network dependencies
- Work with Development teams and participate in troubleshooting high priority application related issues after releases
- Configure and maintain application settings and credentials
- Perform administration of source control server including regular maintenance, user management and security
- Design and implement policies for managing source code within TFS/Git/Azure DevOps, including branching, merging, and tagging policies to support frequent releases, concurrent development, and partial fixes
- Create and maintain documentation of the build and release processes
- Develop metrics and reporting for build and release tasks
- Investigate, evaluate, propose, and implement new tools or processes to improve the reliability, stability and efficiency of the build and deployment pipelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience working within a DevOps Engineering role
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD tools and platforms such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability application
- Expertise in source control management including Team Foundation Version Control and Git
- Experience with deployment pipelines including MS build definitions like XAML and vNext
- Experience with Package Managers including NuGet and NPM
- Working Knowledge of database and SQL and able to write simple SQL scripts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with CI using tools such as TFS build for MSBuild, XAML, Task Agent and Pools
- Experience with hosting .NET applications, Windows Forms, Web Services, RESTful APIs, Single Page Application
- Experience working with Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Knowledge of deployment patterns including Blue-green, Rolling, Canary and Multi-tenant
- Ability to improve on existing processes using Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency, and efficiency of deployments
- Solid track record of learning new tools and technologies
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, detail and results-oriented, able to prioritize tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated, passionate, team-player
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87.900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: build release engineer, DevOps, CI/CD, Jenkins, Azure, XAML, vNext, NuGet, NPM, SQL, Docker, Kubernetes, .NET, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote