|Date Posted||March 4, 2021|
The Cloud DevOps Engineer is responsible for administering and enhancing the Business Intelligence (BI) team’s cloud subscription resources and DevOps automated deployment pipelines. The position will work closely with the development teams and other key stakeholders in the business and IT to support their needs in a manner that is secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, and auditable.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Administer and enhance the Business Intelligence team’s Azure subscription resources.
- Administer and enhance the Business Intelligence team’s Azure DevOps automated deployment pipelines to expand our Agile posture.
- Maintain and enhance Cloud resources with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform.
- Communicate with other BI team members, cross-IT staff, and key business stakeholders to identify required Azure resources and automate their provisioning.
- Serve as liaison to Architecture and Security teams to ensure cloud resources and DevOps pipelines are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, and auditable.
- Develop and maintain security models, usage monitoring/reporting, and other reporting that provide proactive insights into the health of our Cloud resources.
- Document automation processes and maintain environment diagrams, development standards, and team onboarding documents and checklists.
- Represent the BI team with regards to Change Management and Change Board activities
- Create and document disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with risk and issue identification.
- Provide off-hour/weekend support (on a rotating basis).
- Provide backup support to Snowflake, Cognos, TM1, and Power BI Admins.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or in a related discipline.
- 3+ years of cloud services and resources configuration and administration experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining automated scripts with Python.
- 1+ years of experience working with DevOps automated pipelines.
- Design and development experience utilizing scheduling/automation tools preferably in the Azure environment.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- SQL skills.
- Strong understanding of architecture and design approaches related to DW/BI/Analytics practices.
- Strong understanding of SDLC best practices with an emphasis on DW/BI/Analytics practices.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Azure resources such as Data Factory, Functions, Logic Apps, Blob Storage.
- Power BI experience.
- Snowflake data warehouse experience.
- Azure DevOps experience.
- Azure Git Repos experience.
- Experience with Terraform to manage Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Other scripting or procedural languages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made