|Date Posted||January 12, 2021|
SAIC is seeking a DevOps/Agile Systems Engineer Technical Assistant (SETA) to conduct oversight and evaluation of developers' DevOps/Agile processes and deliveries.This position is in support of the Landmark GSS contract. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Responsibilities will include:
- Transition SIGINT ground programs from traditional waterfall to DevOps/Agile processes.
- Provide recommendations for DevOps/Agile process improvements and/or efficiencies while working with the SIGINT ground Acquisition Offices (AOs) and operational users of the systems.
- Support SIGINT ground initiatives for future systems through lifecycle acquisition and readiness events.
- Aid the customer transition to acquisitions leveraging DevOps/Agile principles to define capability roadmaps, epics, solutions/portfolios and features necessary to prioritize developer backlogs in alignment with capability deliveries to operations.
- Support DevOps/Agile best practices including...
- Coordinating CONOPS and architecture products
- Establishing and translating requirements into features
- Assessing system and segment schedule and risks
- Leading readiness and release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones
- Supporting agile test and DevOps verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded SIGINT mission capabilities.
In this role, you may lead projects for systems team work, have frequent client interactions (with GPOC customers, COTRs/AOs, and developers), and support system and mission strategy development across the various ground offices.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- 9 years’ experience with space/ground aerospace systems engineering. Systems Engineering degree preferred
- Former DevOps systems engineering experience
- Ability to lead transformation of traditional SE waterfall processes to Agile and DevOps
- Preferred experience with using Agile and DevOps Atlassian tool suite, i.e. Confluence and JIRA
- Passion for learning and knowledge transfer of Agile and DevOps methodologies, and mentoring workforce
- Preferred former experience working with the prime contract’s Intelligence Community (IC) customer
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.