|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
Genesis10 is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer for a contract lasting through 12/31/2021 working with a major Insurance Company in Milwaukee, WI.
Individual will be a member of CRM's DevOps team. Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure. Identify reoccurring issues and work with Technology and Business partners to remediate using leading industry processes. Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
- Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI
- Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
- At least 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
- At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
- At least 1 year of experience in containerizing applications with Docker and deploying them to Kubernetes.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Gitlab CI and Terraform.
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
- 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
- Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
- Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
- What are the must haves for this role?
- Strong GitLabCI, Terraform, Unix Scripting
- Required minimum AWS Certifications:
- Developer or SysOps Administrator
- What are the nice to haves for this role?
- Recommended AWS Certifications:
- Database, DevOps Engineer
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please apply.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”