|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
Location: Anaheim, CA (92805)
Job ID: #60410
Duration: 6 mos
Pay Rate: $50 - 55 ph (W2)
DevOps Engineer will be working in Advanced Operations group within Software Engineering with focus on building, maintaining and monitoring DevOps environment including Atlassian Tools. DevOps Engineer shall develop and provide technical solution for Atlassian tool chain. This engineer requires an expertise in developing, maintaining and supporting automation workflow in JIRA and maintaining other Atlassian products. This experienced DevOps engineer will collaborate with development and operations team to build, test and deploy software in short, fast bursts
Will need to customize JIRA to improve the workflow and to generate historical data / performance reports. Introduce the best practices / workflow of the Atlassian tools to maximize the efficiency. Provide the recommendation and enhancement of the systems and processes.
Major functions:1.Design custom JIRA workflow for different issue types to assist in automation of build and continuous integration workflow.
2. Develop custom queries using REST API to extend the JIRA capabilities for reporting & notification schemes.
3. Perform the duties of JIRA maintenance, administration and upgrade and enhancements.
4. Create JIRA dashboards, queries and reports to track various historical data points and performance.
5. Set up the integration between JIRA, Bamboo and Bitbucket for improving the build and PR views/notifications
6. Support builds execution, monitor and fix build errors in association with development and IT
7. Automate report generation for performance tracking.
8. Manage the changes to workflows and fields, JQL scripting and reporting¬
9. Set up build, release, test and monitoring process for CI/CD pipeline
10. Develop user training and technical support as needed.
Technical/Functional skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to be proficient in Atlassian tools and have significant experience in the Bitbucket deployment. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
1. Must have significant exposure to with Atlassian products, especially JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket and version control git/GitHub/GitLab
2. Extensive hands-on experience in all aspects of setting up, configuring and managing Atlassian Suite
3. Strong experience with Windows-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS/Azure a plus.
4.Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash, JIRA Power scripts
5. Requires extensive understanding of Configure, manage and enhance JIRA tools including native functionality, testing and implementing plugins.
6. Experience in System Administration preferably Windows, VM configuration/ allocation
6. Must have effective communication skills and be able to work as a mem
7. Strong experience in customization to extend Jira beyond its standard capabilities
8. Experience using Agile development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
9. Experience with consolidation of multiple JIRA servers and/or migration
10. Knowledge of Containerization (Docker), Ansible/Puppet, Monitoring Tools and IaC a plus
11. Must have effective communication skills and be able to work as a member to a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
12. Must work on site
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:Required Soft Skills:
• Must be a team player, must have a collaborative approach and possess excellent problem-solving skills
• Needs to be detail oriented and skilled problem solver
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.