|Date Posted||April 9, 2021|
Contract to Hire
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a DevOps Engineer for a contract to hire position in Appleton, WI.
Position Summary: Supports the CI/CD/RM/DevOps at multiple teams' level to deliver business value, automate & optimize time to market with improved quality. DevOps engineers are responsible for implementing DevOps principles at an enterprise level. DevOps will be responsible for enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery with an effective release process while collaborating with various application teams. DevOps engineers will understand and capture application pipeline requirements and apply appropriate automation / solutions to Increase the overall efficiency and automate software delivery to enhance overall quality and speed across the organization. Besides the engineering/technical tasks like (build / package / deploy / monitor) to streamline and optimize the application lifecycle, the engineers will also work on adding visibility to technical debt and increasing software delivery speed, quality, and efficiency across the enterprise.
- Work with multiple application teams and coordinate application & infra major and minor releases.
- Onboard applications on to Release Orchestration Platforms.
- Identify other application dependencies in the release cycle and coordinate release schedules application Release cycles, and coordinate Release activities in Production Release environments
- Define KPIs, targets and track these KPIs and publish on Dashboards.
- Troubleshoot issues in production and other environments, applying debugging and problem-solving techniques (e.g., log analysis, non-invasive tests), working closely with Development, QE teams
- Manage cloud infrastructure and Containerization tools
- Automate continuous deployment and integration methodologies to achieve our end-to-end automation goals.
- Design a highly scalable and reliable infrastructure with HA capabilities to support SLA's and business continuity plans.
- Setup monitoring and alerting; develop ways to improve.
- Participate in daily scrum and planning as part of our Agile practices.
- Document and advertise out DevOps ideologies within the company.
- Coordinate with engineering and data science teams on their needs and requirements to fulfill business goals.
- Ensure Tool's Availability (issue resolution / support / utilization / monitoring) - example: tools involved in CI/CD
- Perform new tool assessment / decommissioning of existing tools (data driven decisions)
- Container/ cloud (AWS/GCP/ Azure) technology certifications
- Banking / Finance / Insurance experience
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!