|Date Posted||November 6, 2021|
Kforce has a client in Annapolis, MD that is seeking a DevOps Engineer.
We are looking for a DevOps Developer with substantial DevOps experience to join our cross-functional team. Selected candidate shall work as part of an Agile team to design, develop, troubleshoot and deploy various telecom and enterprise software applications. The DevOps Engineer is expected to have strong analysis, debugging, testing and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn and contribute towards overall team growth.
- Instantiate, configure and write necessary scripts to deploy applications on virtualized Linux based compute elements (on-premise)
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues relating to system resources like CPU/memory, FDs, network, disk I/O, etc. on these virtualized platforms
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated
- Write scripts that perform application health check polling, alarming, healing, etc.
- Create CICD pipelines for automated testing and deployment of applications
- Setting up cloud networking and troubleshoot network issues
- Install and configure third party software applications as needed by the team
- Develop simulators or application features in mainstream programming languages like C++/Java/node.js/Python, etc.
- Evaluate feasibility of design/architecture by developing rapid prototypes or a minimum viable solution
- Create and execute unit and integration test cases
- Diagnose, debug, and fix application operational issues in a timely manner
- Assist deployment and production support teams to work through customer escalated issues and provide resolutions and root-cause analysis
- Participate actively in Agile software development activities, including scrums, planning, and retrospectives
- Comply with organizational policies and procedures to meet ISO guidelines adopted by the company