|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
Senior Devops Engineer
What we do:
We believe in protecting America’s 90 million investors. That’s our job. Because if people don’t trust in the markets, they won’t invest in the markets. We believe in thinking big. We oversee every brokerage firm and broker doing business with the U.S. public. That’s more than 3,900 firms and approximately 635,000 brokers. We oversee up to 75 billion market transactions per day. We believe in being aggressively vigilant. If brokers break the rules, we have the power to fine them, suspend them or bar them from the industry. We have the flexibility to innovate and invest in technology. We believe in a boots-on-the-ground approach. We work in communities across the country.
Who we are looking for:
FINRA is looking for a Devops Professional with developer mindset and AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience. You will use Devops practices and AWS services to support our drive towards continuous delivery across our multi-platform application portfolio. Beyond the skills, we are looking for people with these key attributes:
Builder: Build solutions and be able to think holistically about engineering challenges and architecture.
Automator: An aptitude for automated system design and implementation in terms of Infrastructure Creation/Configuration and CI/CD.
Team player: Work with multiple technology teams like Network/security/Dev teams in an Agile environment.
Advocate: Be willing to spend time and knowledge to evangelize the common practices and tools
Be Passionate: Bring your positive attitude with you every morning; and Have Fun
- Ensures Devops practices and toolsets are followed to support our drive towards continuous delivery across our multi-platform application portfolio.
- Develop tools and products that are used in central automation and contribute to development milestones
- Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
- Effectively communicate devops activities and project risk in oral and written formats.
- Build solutions and be able to think holistically about engineering challenges and architecture
- Excellent understanding in computer science fundamentals - Algorithm design, Problem solving, Complexity analysis and data structures.
- Expert experience with design & programming.
- Expert experience in core Computer Science technologies.
- Expert experience in design and implementation in terms of Infrastructure Creation/Configuration and CI/CD.
- Evangelize Devops tools and processes
- Demonstrable Experience with Unix/Linux environment.
- Demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and developing Devops toolsets
- Good troubleshooting and debugging mindset. Be able to provide immediate workarounds and long-term fix.
- Awareness and exposure in deploying Deep Learning models and Big data applications
- 5-7 years of experience in below
- Strong background in Linux/Unix environments and Shell Scripting
- Strong expertise in AWS – EC2, Load balancer, Cloudformation, ECS, Lambda, S3, IAM , Network
- Solid experience with scripting languages (Python, Groovy) with Java being a plus
- Experience with automated build/deploy tools such as Jenkins, Code Pipeline or equivalent
- Solid understanding of web application stacks (J2EE, AngularJS, etc.) and Web servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, Nginx)
- Containers and Docker experience is must.
- Experience in working provisioning Kubernetes in AWS using EKS and deploying and scaling applications in Kubernetes
- Experience in managing Spark workloads and understanding of working of Spark nodes and its Spark configurations for tuning
- Understanding of Machine learning model lifecycle, Packaging and deployment techniques of Machine Learning/Deep Learning/NLP models using frameworks like Scikit-learn, Tensorflow/Pytorch/Huggingface.
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent