|Date Posted||December 29, 2021|
- Divyesh at 630 847 0275
- Ayushi- 630 847 1830
Time: one year, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 17:00 with 30 minute lunch break.
The Experimental Platforms Group within the Computing, Environment and Life Sciences Directorate participates in the operation and development of the KBase, PlantSEED, and ModelSEED platforms. These platforms aim to provide a computational environment to meet the key challenges of systems biology: predicting and ultimately designing biological function. KBase, PlantSEED, and ModelSEED enable secure sharing of data, tools, methods, and conclusions in a unified, extensible system that allows researchers to collaboratively generate, test, and share hypotheses about biological functions; perform large-scale analyses on scalable computing infrastructure; and combine multiple lines of evidence to accurately model plant and microbial physiology and community dynamics. We seek someone to provide the following functions:
- Participate in the operation and continued development of the KBase, PlantSEED, and ModelSEED platforms. Develop tools for Systems Administration and automation of routine tasks.
- Documentation of issues, procedures, and practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a DevOps role (DevOps Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Systems Administrator or similar)
- Experience with Linux and basic networking
- Experience with management of object stores, databases, web servers, DNS, DHCP and Virtualization
- Knowledge of any scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience with containerization technology and associated tools (e.g. docker-compose, kubectl)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Checkmk, or Zabbix
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with version control, such as Git, GitHub or GitLab
- Ability to model client's Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or similar engineering discipline
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working in an academic or research environment
- Experience with Nginx, Python, and Java JSON-RPC web services
- Experience with Networking, Bind, DHCPD
- Experience with hardware support, PXE/IPXE, and IPMI
- Experience with KVM Virtualization
- Experience with MongoDB, Mysql, ArangoDB, and Minio
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kafka
- Experience with workflow or batch scheduling such as Condor or Slurm
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Knowledge of computational biology
- Experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Rancher, or Openshift
- Experience with configuration management, such as Ansible
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or similar engineering discipline
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.