|Published||July 14, 2022|
About this role:
As part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO), the Technology Enablement & Pipeline organization has a key responsibility for the Enterprise Pipeline and its Operational Support, across all applications in the Wells Fargo Enterprise.
We are hiring 2 (two) DevOps Engineers to join the team responsible for on-boarding, analyzing and supporting 4800+ applications enterprise wide. As a DevOps Engineer, you will act as a lead in on-boarding and migrating applications from legacy environment to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) utilizing CI/CD and specifically, the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL). You will be responsible for driving projects to ensure that applications on the EPL are standardized, stable, and efficient in an effort to streamline and optimize through automation. You will also work closely Engineering and Product teams on new initiatives like Kubernetes and containers; while also providing BAU support for application team.
This role is posted as a DevOps Engineer; however, the Wells Fargo job title is Infrastructure Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the customer build, release and deploy automation needs and provide services that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and Wells Fargo vision and values
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits where ever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential
- Create and follow enterprise standards for onboarding applications to Jenkins and uDeploy
- Analyze applications on-boarding/support requests and provide solutions
- Analyze highly complex application build, release and deployment requirements; and write technical specifications to design or redesign build, release and deploy automation
- Guide and outline ideas for migration of applications into Cloud platform(s)
- Develop POCs to demonstrate the viability of new ideas and technologies to support the innovation
- Develop and provide build, release and deploy solution for legacy applications with customized pipeline
- On-going operational support for all applications as they require updates, troubleshooting, and configuration
- Accountable for high-quality delivery of assigned projects and mentor less experience staff on projects as needed
- 4+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Jenkins experience
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following build type tools: Maven, Gradle or Node.js
- 1+ year of engineering and support experience on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform , Google Cloud or Azure Cloud
- 1+ year of container experience
- Knowledge of design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering
- 2+ years of experience with Agile, Kanban, or Lean methodology
- Java experience
- Groovy experience
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.