|Date Posted||January 1, 2022|
Location: Chicago, IL
Description: Our client is currently seeking a DevOps Engineer (73130-1)
• Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for shared services related to CI/CD, artifact management, automated testing, and monitoring
• Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for automation related to environment management, deployment, and operations
• Develop and maintain DevOps roadmap
• Provide server support during various operations such as deployment and general application operations
• Collaborate with developers to establish and ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices & supportability
• Provide support/resolution of cloud vulnerabilities and audit items • Leverage the right tools to address the gaps and build IT architecture capabilities
• Apply experience of DevOps/SRE best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes
• Senior - Level 3 (8+ yrs)
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Hands-on experience engineering, deploying, and managing pipelines in an enterprise scale environment utilizing Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TeamCity, or any other build automation tool.
• Experience with the commonly used managed services in cloud-native environments (GCP, AWS, Azure) with a working knowledge of their CLIs.
• Proficient with scripting and IaC languages to automate tasks/services (e.g. Bash, Python, Groovy, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, etc.).
• Familiarity with the Hashicorp Suite (vault, packer, consul) of products is a plus
• Experience setting up the infrastructure, processes, and tools for container-based development and deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Tiller).
• Skilled using messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pub/Sub, etc.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, VPCs, DNS, load balancers, security groups, and firewalls.
• Incorporate security tools, scans, and quality gates into the pipelines to adhere to regulatory requirements
• Experience using application and network diagnostic and monitoring tools to understand the existing application and network workloads
• Experience with source control tooling, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment.
• Experience with cloud automation/provisioning and configuration management tools using Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker or Salt and experience with Containerization Tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience in planning, creating, implementing and maintaining a scaleable software development infrastructure
• Experience in Development, Build, and CICD tools such as Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifcatory and CircleCI
• Experience with Cloud Provider Services such as AWS, GCP, Azure or PCF
• Experience with development languages such as Java, C/C++, Python, PHP, or .Net
• Willing to work on multiple projects at a time
• Make the experience of developing, testing, and deploying code fast, easy, and fun!
• No Candidates who require sponsorship please
Nice to Haves:
• AI or Machine Learning playground work • Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team as a technical SME.
• Passion for delivering high-quality technical solutions
• Strong crisis management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent related experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure), infrastructure and IaC tools with one year working with Agile/DevOps development teams
• Knowledge of the DevOps culture, principles and DevOps frameworks.
• An Agile mindset with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills leveraging the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence).
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]