|Published||September 16, 2023|
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Karsun team supporting our GSA FLEET program.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand application requirements and design efficient and scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Implement and manage monitoring and logging solutions using tools like Datadog to ensure the availability, performance, and reliability of our applications.
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines using GitHub, Jenkins, Helm, and ArgoCD to automate software releases and deployments.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IAC) principles with Terraform to provision and manage cloud resources, ensuring consistency and repeatability.
- Manage containerized applications using Docker, ContainerD, and Buildah, optimizing container workflows and ensuring proper integration with orchestration platforms.
- Leverage EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service) for container orchestration, maintaining clusters, scaling applications, and ensuring high availability.
- Enhance security posture by remediating findings from Nessus and Stackrox and identify vulnerabilities and enforce security best practices.
- Configure and manage networking components such as Nginx, Istio, and Calico to ensure optimal traffic routing, load balancing, and network security.
- Utilize ECR (Elastic Container Registry) and Artifactory to manage container images and artifacts efficiently.
- Implement secret management practices using tools like External Secrets to secure sensitive information and credentials.
- Collaborate with cloud services, primarily AWS, to architect, deploy, and manage cloud resources for application development and deployment.
- Integrate automated testing and code quality checks into the CI/CD pipeline using tools like SonarQube.
- Implement and optimize auto-scaling strategies using tools like Karpenter to ensure application availability during varying workloads.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related IT discipline (engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees)
- 10+ years of related experience including:
- 7+ years of DevOps experience including setting up CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of experience running large scale online systems built on AWS or similar cloud providers
- 3+ years of build automation experience through Jenkins or similar tools
- 3+ year(s) of experience with containerization
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or in a similar role, with a deep understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring and logging tools, particularly Datadog.
- Proficiency in setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, Jenkins, Helm, and ArgoCD.
- Strong grasp of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) using Terraform.
- Scripting knowledge in Python/Ruby/Bash
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker, ContainerD, and Buildah.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and EKS for container orchestration.
- Knowledge of security tools like Nessus and Stackrox for vulnerability assessment and mitigation.
- Experience with networking technologies like Nginx, Istio, and Calico.
- Familiarity with container image management using ECR and Artifactory.
- Understanding of secret management practices and tools like External Secrets.
- Proficiency in cloud services, particularly AWS.
- Knowledge of automated testing and code quality tools like SonarQube.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Automated provisioning (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Strong experience building management engineering and DevOps
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Highly prefer candidates residing in the DC Metro area or Eastern time zone
In accordance with pay transparency guidelines, the proposed salary range for this position is $115,500 to $148,500. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as relevant skills, experience and certifications.
Find Your Next at Karsun Solutions and transform your career with the company transforming possible for the US Government.
At Karsun, collaboration drives our community. We're committed to building an environment where team members from diverse backgrounds can innovate, learn and grow with us. Here at Karsun, the only limit to your potential is the limit of your curiosity.
And because we know well-being empowers us to thrive, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Health, Life & Disability Insurance - Medical, Dental, Life and Disability coverage is paid for by Karsun for full time employees.
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401k Retirement Plan - with pre-tax and post-tax ROTH contribution offerings and immediate vesting with a per pay period match
- Generous time off programs including 11 paid holidays per year
- Supplemental plans such as Vision, Pet Insurance and 529 Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program with behavioral health, physical wellness and financial advice
- Employee Discounts & Perks
- In-house Technical/Skills Training
Join Team Karsun and Find Your Next.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Karsun does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Karsun and Karsun will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.