|Date Posted||January 30, 2021|
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you would be responsible for implementing tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes. This will help maintain a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. You will need experience with both application and infrastructure, with experience maintaining a hybrid on-prem cloud infrastructure. Responsible for assessing existing platforms, designing future state, and building transition in order to migrate both applications and infrastructure to a highly resilient environment.
As a part of the Platform Management Team your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build, design, deploy, and maintain the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple enclaves.
- A working understanding of Infrastructure as code and scripts
- Participate in technology evaluation and reengineering teams to support strategy-definition and continuous process improvement activities
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
- Implement and refine cloud architecture roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools
- Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact
- Assess urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a “five nines” product availability environment
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations
- Writing SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to accomplish repetitive tasks.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers.
- Providing IT Systems Engineering support on a wide range of technologies, including: VMware vCenter, Horizon View, Site Recovery Manager, HPAC Secure Printing, HP Blade Servers, HP SANs, Certificate Services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policies and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Responsibility for investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including submitting Change Requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7+ years of relevant IT experience
- 5+ years working with cloud platforms
- 5+ years of experience as an enterprise systems administrator in a client or server environment, including deployment automation tools
- CISSP, Security+ CE or DoD 8570 Certification required (IAT Level II required / IAT Level III desired)
- Certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, VMware VCP7 – CMA are highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of Windows based systems including Hardware, software, networking and storage
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures using VMware for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or services
- Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) as needed.
- ITIL Foundations or later certification highly desired
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph