|Date Posted||February 4, 2021|
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Onsite in Charlotte, NC - Remote until further notice.
Duration: Contract to Hire
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
Seeking a DevOps Engineer II to create a new CICD deployment model for the next generation of microservice platform and support our existing company's star platform. As the Sr Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be collaborating with development engineers while using innovative cloud technology and processes to create container based CICD processes.
You will be working on optimal deployment configurations, assist with new project setup, provide mentorship and leadership to an onshore and offshore team, and provide ongoing operational support. The ideal candidate must have experience in CICD container-based processes in AWS, served as a technical team lead, be detail-oriented, possess strong business acumen, have strong communication skills, and be driven to succeed.
- What we are looking for is a passionate DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years of IT application development/support specialist or equivalent position experience.
- Self-starter and solutions-oriented with the ability to adapt to change with ease while working with multiple onsite and offshore teams.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing new CI/CD processes for new applications using tools such as Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, GitHub, AWS etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience automating build and deployment of applications into AWS EC2, ECS (Fargate), and S3.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze new technologies and determine the optimal CICD process for deployment across the entire SDLC.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, Shell, AWS CLI, Ruby etc.).
- Understanding of version control systems (GitHub, GitLab etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Expertise with monitoring, logging, security, data integrity, concurrency, and other issues and practices related to distributed systems.
- Experience managing global and application properties on enterprise or AWS SaaS hosted platforms.
- Ability to lead both onshore and offshore DevOps engineers to ensure completion of projects, tasks, and ensure adherence to company's standards.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology team environment with a people-centered mindset with a desire to develop trust and credibility in the team.
- Experience in Build Automation and CI/CD Pipeline creation.
- Experience in AWS cloud services such as EC2, Security Groups, CloudFront, Cloud Watch, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudFront, S3, RDS, ECR, ECS, Docker, API Gateway etc. (Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet will be plus).
- Experience in Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub/GitLab.
- Excellent UNIX/LINUX tools/utilities, scripting, and basic administration skills.
- Familiar with both NoSQL (Mongo/Redis) and RDBM (MySQL/Oracle) systems.
- Familiarity with the Windows services will be a plus (LDAP, RDP, Azure etc.)++ Education.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.