|Location||Chevy Chase, MD|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
As a Azure DevOps Engineer, you will collaborate with our clients to help design, implement, maintain, and test a variety of technical solutions by utilizing a variety of the latest technologies. You will also be responsible for creating and enhancing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines and various kinds of automation processes (build management, automated deployments, automated testing, configuration management, etc).
What You'll Be Doing
- Performing Root cause analysis and Alert Gap Analysis on the Incident/Outages that occurred and suggesting possible solution to avoid the outages in future.
- MTTx – Understand the definitions and apply terminologies over the incident reports and calculate the time intervals for each metrics.
- Use Azure Application Insights to create alerts, action groups, linking alerts to webhook
- Create different workbooks like infrastructure, SQL etc.
- Use Log Analytics Work Space, querying the tables to get the data, basic knowledge of Kusto Query Language.
- Use Splunk to write Splunk queries, create reports and dashboards.
- Use Dynatrace to create synthetic alerts, monitor, acknowledging and troubleshooting the Dynatrace alerts.
Location and Travel Details
This is a remote position with occasional travel once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
Profile of Success
- ASP .NET
- Strong Knowledge of the following Azure components:
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Application Insights
- Azure VM Insights, HD Insights, SQL Insights
- Log Analytics Workspaces
- Familiarity with designing, building, and maintenance of cloud environments in Azure, utilize IaaS, Pass, and SaaS Cloud Service model in Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage and database concepts including SQL, COSMOS, Azure tables, BLOB.
- Familiarity with asynchronous communication mechanism design and implementation using messaging and storage frameworks like Azure Service Bus, Event Hubs, etc.
- Knowledge of enterprise web application with distributed components, web services and Microservices using various system level and Object-Oriented architectures.
- Ability to collaborate with other architecture teams i.e. Applications, Network, Database, Infrastructure, Security, etc.
- Windows OS/Linux OS
- Ability to understand Azure resources as data objects
- read JSON in PowerShell and KQL output
- Minimum of three years IT/DevOps engineering experience, Windows or Linux server administration with RedHat, Centos or similar toolsets
- Strong experience applying DevOps and CI/CD concepts; CI experience in multiple tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Visual Studio Team Services, etc.)
- Knowledge of automated testing (Selenium, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience with a configuration management tool such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Understanding of Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Networking, Azure Active Directory
- Experience in working Agile Scrum Methodology
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers configurations, app proxies, firewalls, NSG’s etc,
- Knowledge of tools used in CMT Testing, like Chaos Monkey
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals.
We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.