|Published||July 22, 2022|
DevOps Engineer, E-mobility
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB E-mobility is leading the decarbonization of the world’s transportation industry by pioneering technology that enables a sustainable future of electric, smart, reliable, and emissions-free mobility.
If you have a passion for improving our living environment by increasing the adoption of electric transportation using your business skills for the benefit of society and protecting the planet then we invite you to consider joining the global industry leader in Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging and Grid Edge technologies, ABB e-Mobility.
As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing systems and services to improve operational performance and efficiency for our R&D, Service, and Quality colleagues at E-mobility located in North America, and around the world. You’ll contribute creative ideas and provide innovative technology solutions and process improvements focused on streamlined, and auditable, CI/CD pipelines that improve software development and deployment workflows for all stakeholders.
We invite you to utilize your most creative and technical skills with ABB and join our global e-Mobility DevOps team!
***Preferred work location is Houston, TX; will consider virtual, remote-based location in Continental US***
This position reports to
ABB E-Mobility Global Network Operations Center Manager
- Develop systems and services to improve operational performance and efficiency for our software user community
- Maintain and apply your knowledge of current cybersecurity best-practices, and industry-standard platform tooling
- Build Azure DevOps project pipelines for building, testing, and deploying projects at scale; This includes low-level embedded systems, embedded Linux applications and operating systems, and cloud-native business systems running in Azure and AWS
- Collaborate closely with the Internal R&D, Service, and Quality Engineering teams to improve data availability through the development and deployment of advanced monitoring systems that drive business insights into potential system issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field is required with a minimum of 1 -3 years of experience and proficiency in Systems programming (C#, Java, Python preferred)
- In Lieu of having a degree, will consider 4-5 years of directly related DevOps experience
- Must have experience with Cloud service orchestration (MS Azure preferred)
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and tools (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Must have knowledge of Serverless application frameworks; e.g., Containers, Azure FunctionApps
- Should be comfortable working in a collaborative, global team environment
- Excellent English language speaking, reading and writing skills required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid