|Published||September 18, 2023|
What We Do
Milliman IntelliScript is a group of a few hundred experts in fields ranging from actuarial science to information technology to clinical practice. Together, we develop and deploy category-defining, data-driven, software-as-a-service (SaaS) products for a broad spectrum of insurance clients. We're a business unit within Milliman, Inc., a respected consultancy with offices around the world.
Candidates who have their pick of jobs are drawn to IntelliScript's entrepreneurial and collaborative culture of innovation, excellence, exceptional customer service, balance, and transparency. Every single person has a voice in our company, and we challenge each other to push the outer limits of our full, diverse potential. And, we've shown sustained growth that ensures you'll have room to grow your skillset, responsibilities, and career.
Our team is smart, down-to-earth, and ready to listen to your best ideas. We reward excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits. Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company, and learn more about our cultural values here.
What this position entails
IntelliScript's Information Technology has been a key part of our success and is critical to our future.In this position, you will help define IntelliScript's DevOps strategy, acting as an automation advocate when interfacing with the development team. Leveraging your familiarity with DevOps processes, platforms and systems, you will develop and maintain the existing CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps Server. This position will emphasize incremental improvements to our DevOps strategy by presenting compelling data analysis - while also helping to perform the existing, semi-manual process.
What you'll be doing
- Track and coordinate releases for multiple development teams
- Build and release pipeline responsibilities
- Support existing manual release processes
- Identify and implement release automation best practices
- Collaborate with development, system engineer and database administrator teams
- Support evening and weekend releases, during scheduled maintenance windows
What we need
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with DevOps tooling & practices (Git, CI-CD orchestration software, database automation, configuration-as-code, developing/improving the SDLC process)
- Experience performing build and release configuration & management
- Experience architecting, implementing, and supporting containers in a Windows environment
- Development/related technical expertise (preferably in an Agile/Scrum environment)
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- Ability to think both tactically & strategically
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated team player who can run with a project and is willing to pitch in as needed
What you bring to the table
- Demonstrated "let's find a way to do it" attitude - no task is too big or too small
- Comfortable working through ambiguous situations
- Collaborative and diplomatic approach, willing to accept or challenge the status quo
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects
- Loves to learn, takes every opportunity to develop knowledge and skills
- Able to teach & mentor others on new/emerging technologies
- Continued education and/or advanced degree(s)
- Experience with database change automation
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence)
This position will be based out of the Milliman office in Brookfield, WI; however, this position is open to remote work. Applicants must be willing to travel to the Milliman office in Brookfield, WI as needed.
The base salary for the position will vary with the candidate's qualifications and experience. The salary range is $70,000 to $140,000, depending on relevant factors, including but not limited to education, skills, certifications, and location. If overall experience is less than 6 years the range would be $70,000 to $115,000; for experience of greater than 6 years, the range would be $85,000 to $140,000. In addition, we offer a performance-based bonus plan, profit sharing, and generous benefits.
Milliman Benefits (U.S. only)
At Milliman, we focus on creating an environment that recognizes - and meets - the personal and professional needs of the individual and their family. We offer competitive benefits which include the following based on plan eligibility:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their dependents, including domestic partners
- A 401(k) plan with matching program, and profit sharing contribution
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A discretionary bonus program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts accruing on the first day of work and can be used for any reason; full-time employees will accrue
- 15 days of PTO per year, and employees working less than a full-time schedule will accrue PTO at a prorated amount based on hours worked
- Family building benefits, including adoption and fertility assistance and paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for employees who have worked for Milliman for at least 12 months and have worked at least 1,250 hours in the preceding 12-month period
- A minimum of 8 paid holidays
- Milliman covers 100% of the premiums for life insurance, AD&D, and both short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent care, transportation, and applicable medical needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)