|Published||January 14, 2023|
DevOps Engineer (Junior)
The applications we develop aid analysts in solving complex analytical problems. This is a unique opportunity for a DevOps-focused engineer/developer to design and develop AWS- and Linux-based mission application environments, guide small project teams in a DevOps environment, and help transition applications to a new environment while supporting legacy environments. The candidate would have the opportunity to build, automate, and manage DevOps environments; and work with developers and architects on applications of varying degrees of scale, risk and complexity. This includes developing scripts and automating DevOps environments, updates, and resiliency.
Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Ensuring interoperability between AWS cloud environments and applications;
- Automating DevOps builds, updates, recovery, and maintenance;
- Providing extensive technical advice and guidance to Application Developers and other members of the team;
- Generating and implementing comprehensive DevOps strategies to ensure that performance, security, and other requirements are met;
- Supporting Security personnel in obtaining and maintaining ATO as well as supporting security scans where needed;
- Supporting internal meetings (e.g. staff meetings, schedule reviews, status meetings), external stakeholder meetings, and working groups;
- Troubleshooting DevOps issues and working with Application Developers to implement applications in the DevOps environment.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience building, automating, and maintaining AWS-based DevOps environments;
- Experience conducting technology assessments and making recommendations to determine best approaches to maintaining cloud capabilities;
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with version control systems like Subversion or Git;
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the product life cycle to include the maintenance of production systems;
- Experience resolving in-depth technical problems with cloud-based environments and applications;
- Demonstrated experience deploying applications to a cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools and capabilities.
- Experience with planning/architecting AWS environments and cloud services;
- Experience with Ansible, CloudFormation, Puppet or other similar technologies;
Highly qualified candidates will also have one or more of the following:
- Experience with supporting all aspects of full-stack application software development (from requirements analysis through design, programming, testing, and deployment);
- Experience conducting System Administration on Linux environments within the Cloud;
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the Sponsor's Ruby on Rails platform;
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the customer's current technologies and best practices;
- Experience with Solr or similar technologies;
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting legacy application conversion (redeployment to alternative platforms and languages);
- In-depth experience with Linux;
- Working with the Sponsor's virtual development desktop.
- Must have anactive TS/SCI with an appropriate Polygraph
**COVID-19 Vaccination: Praxis does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, Praxis may requireemployees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.**
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approachesto create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary ofGeneral Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We dont do things because thats the way weve always done things; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customers mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (3.5%) and employer match (up to 4.5%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority!Take advantage of our endlessin-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences(recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications:Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University:Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.