|Date Posted||April 21, 2021|
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The DevOps Engineer is a key role in the technical management and deployment of computational resources within the organization and ensuring that cloud-based technologies are extended into the enterprise.
They will have the technical aptitude for understanding the administration and deployment of virtual resources from public cloud providers as well as a basic understanding of system administration concepts and how cloud systems may interact with on-premises systems.
The successful DevOps Engineer follow industry best practices to deploy cloud compute resources using standard system administrative methods as well as applying infrastructure-as-code techniques. In addition, this role is expected to stay abreast of new cloud services and products as they appear on the market and have a basic knowledge of how those innovations can be extended into the enterprise. This role is the front line for all technical expertise for cloud-based resources.
DevOps Engineer works with application developers and other DevOps engineers to automate and accelerate the security, testing, release, and deployment of applications.
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications, consulting on complex projects/existing applications, timely completion of scheduled jobs, and overall operating systems. Also includes overseeing environments’ health and facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity
- Develop processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs
- Document all hardware, application, facility, etc. problems and take corrective action as required
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed. Works with less structured, more complex issues. Serves as a resource to others
- Miscellaneous duties
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps
- Experience in at least one cloud platform; Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with automation tooling and implementation
- Experience in implementing CI/CD tooling to integration into automation and orchestration activities
- Experience with Infrastructure technologies such as (server, network, storage, load balancing clustering, etc.)
- Experience in Systems Monitoring, Alerting and Analytics
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Certification in a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with change management tools such as (Chef/Ansible, Azure Resource Manager templates (ARM templates), CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience working in Unix operating systems
- Proficiency in Scripting Language: Bash, PowerShell and Python scripting
- Proficiency in Native Scripting tools: AWS SDK, Azure Blueprints, GCP Cloud Functions
- Log aggregation reporting tools, such as: Elasticsearch, New Relic, PagerDuty, Splunk, SumoLogic
- Cloud SIEM tools, such as: ThreatStack, Azure Sentinel, AlienVault
- Familiarity with IT standards and best practices, audit, security and compliance (ex: ITIL, ITSM, SOC2, HIPAA, HITRUST CSF)
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DevOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, K8, Systems Administrator, Cloud Storage, Security, Networking, Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN