|Location||Chevy Chase, MD|
|Date Posted||November 9, 2021|
As a DevOps Engineer (MLOps) on the Data Ops Team, you will be responsible for providing and maintaining a robust and scalable machine learning & data platform in Microsoft Azure and collaborate with our clients to help design, implement, maintain, and test a variety of technical solutions by utilizing a variety of the latest technologies. You will also be responsible for creating and enhancing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines and various kinds of automation processes (build management, automated deployments, automated testing, configuration management, etc).
What You'll Be Doing
- Create and maintain pipelines in Azure DevOps to automate deployment of code and resources (CICD)
- Create and configure appropriate cloud resources to meet the needs of the end users, including Azure Kubernetes Clusters, Machine Learning Workspaces, and compute instances
- Work with platform users to understand requirements and use cases, and to advise on strategy and best practices for use of the platform
- Work with the team to identify opportunities to automate the end-to-end ML lifecycle with Azure Machine Learning and Azure Pipelines
- Monitor cloud-based systems and components for availability, performance, reliability, security, and efficiency. Build a system that fulfills non-functional requirements and service level agreements
- Work closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to understand platform usage and identify opportunities to create automation and self-service tools to improve manual processes
- Perform all support activities including training and enablement of platform users
- Treat infrastructure as a product and provide ideas on how to continually improve automation services and resiliency of the platform
- Document DevOps processes, procedures, and environments to ensure continuity
Location and Travel Details
This is a remote position with occasional travel once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
Profile of Success
- Minimum of 3-5 years IT/DevOps engineering experience and a minimum of three years of experience working in Windows or Linux server administration with RedHat, Centos or similar toolsets
- Strong experience applying DevOps and CI/CD concepts; CI experience in multiple tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Visual Studio Team Services, etc.)
- Previous scripting experience in PowerShell, Python or similar scripting language
- ADO Pipeline Management experience
- Understanding of the Machine Learning Lifecycle and machine learning concepts
- Applied knowledge of CI/CD DevOps principles and Azure ML pipelines
- Exposure to containers: Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Understanding of Azure including Azure SQL, Azure Networking, Azure Active Directory
- Experience in SQL Server administration & troubleshooting, and web server administration using IIS and/or Apache
- Experience with Microsoft Azure to deploy highly-available, scalable, and secure applications
- Knowledge of Monitoring tools (Application Insights, New Relic, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile processes (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with SharePoint or Microsoft Business Apps and Automation (CRM, PowerApps) platforms
- Desire to obtain or utilize technical certifications as part of continuous professional growth
- Ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and changes in the environment
- Ability to work effectively and manage multiple priorities while collaborating with internal and external cross-functional teams
AIS, Dedicated to Our People
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals.
We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
Our Core Values
- Client Success
- Continued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.