|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
Production Support/DevOps Engineer Opening in Hartford, CT!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Production Support/DevOps Engineer role in the Hartford area. This is a 6 month contract-to-hire position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Production Support/DevOps Engineer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Matthew Bonvouloir, Technical Recruiter, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Position: Production Support/DevOps Engineer
Apex Job ID: 1114722
Location: Hartford, CT (remote for now)
Rate: negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6 month contract-to-hire
Our large healthcare client in Hartford, CT is looking for a Production Support/DevOps Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will work on a call center desktop application that provides agents with a guided experience to help anticipate the constituents needs and resolve their inquiries.
1. Be part of the 24x7 on-call & technical support, issue management and system monitoring team
2. Production Incident Triage, Analysis and Troubleshooting production issues, identifying and fixing root causes
3. Regularly monitor and review usage of the application, problem tickets, patterns to help drive teams to address root cause issues and improve the overall quality of the product
4. Support production releases ensuring appropriate quality checks and controls are followed
5. Collaborate with other teams across the portfolio to assure the success of the overall program
6. Develop or enhance or defect fixing using Salesforce Visual Force, Apex and corresponding client-side technologies
7. Develop and promote tools and process to improve overall software development quality
8. Develop, implement and maintain DevOps Capabilities, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices using various tools
1. 4+ years bachelors degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Engineering from a recognized university or equivalent experience
2. 2 years of production support experience that includes incident triaging, troubleshooting, monitoring along with developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or a similar tool
3. 2 years of experience delivering enterprise or off-the-shelf commercial software using Java, Salesforce or similar technology stack
4. Strong understanding of SDLC, Web Services including SOAP, REST standards and security models, integration patterns and methods
5. 2 years of experience applying software engineering design patterns, including a strong understanding of object-oriented concepts, coding standards and practices
6. 1 year of experience following Agile development practices with globally distributed teams
7. Proven ability to analyze complex requirements and provide innovative solutions
8. Excellent communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders from management to other engineers, and present to both technical and non-technical audiences
9. Proficient in using Integrated Development Tools such as IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio along with Source Control Systems such as git
10. Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
1. Salesforce development experience and certification
2. Experience with nosql databases such as MongoDb
3. Experience using production monitoring tools such as splunk, dynatrace
4. Hands on experience using with one or more of the following platforms and tools such as Mesos, Kubernetes, Openshift, Azure, Docker
Candidates may be subject to background check and drug test.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Strong potential to go permanent with Client.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] 844-463-6178-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178