|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
DevOps/Jenkins Engineer needed – Raytheon Technologies – Location: Remote from anywhere in the United States
100% remote from anywhere in the United States
Must be a United States Citizen to apply
Pay Rate: OPEN (w2 non-benefited or c2c, if you own company)
Basic Job Description:
Support the building and setting up development tools and infrastructure to support the Product Lifecycle Digital Thread (PLDT) initiative . Understand the needs of project stakeholders and convey this to developers. Automate and improve development and release processes. Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats. Identify technical problems and develop software updates and solutions. Work with software developers and engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended. Helps debug issues on pipelines, finding those non-performant queries, failures, etc.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
· Design and implement new software to streamline manual operations.
· Triage production issues along with other operational team members.
· Conduct root cause analysis of critical issues .
· Expand the capacity and performance of the system.
· Maintain primarily Linux and other types of systems
· The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail-oriented individual with a strong technical background
Qualifications & Skills:
· Experience designing and working with modern Continuous Integration and deployment solutions .
· 5+ years supporting hosted services in a high-volume enterprise environment .
· Strong troubleshooting skills in complex Unix/Linux systems environment .
· Hands-on expertise in DevOps or CI/CD tools, like Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus , etc.
· Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt .
· Demonstrated ability to write programs using a high-level programming language such Java, Ruby, Python and scripting in shell, perl, PHP , etc.
· Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, NodeJS, Angular and other software technologies.
· Experience with logging infrastructure and using tools such as Splunk .
· Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work on small, focused teams to complete critical milestones under pressure with tight deadlines independently driven, proactive, accountable, reliable, team player.
· Drive to take initiative and own issues.
· Experience in Dockers, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra and Oracle is highly desirable
· Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done.
· Experience with Testing Tools and methodologies
· Working knowledge in Unix/Linux environment.
· Working knowledge of continuous delivery using tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins etc. Docker experience a plus
· Candidate must be a US Person due to requirement to administer GovCloud infrastructure
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and I will call back with more information.
GeoLogics is a 30 year old technical services company headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, with 8 regional offices distributed throughout the country. The Company provides software, IT and engineering services, mission critical solutions, recruitment services, and technical support primarily to the Defense and Aerospace industry, various agencies of the U.S. federal government and commercial clients. GeoLogics specializes in the areas of engineering, IT, communications, software, systems development and research and development.
Benefit Summary The GeoLogics Employee Benefits Program (EBP) reflects our abiding interest in and commitment to meeting the needs of our diverse workforce and providing financial security for both our employees and their families. GeoLogics offers an exceptionally competitive array of benefits for our employees, including: Health Insurance (w/ Dental & Vision), Life & Disability Insurance, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, and a Retirement 401k Plan.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.geologics.com
GeoLogics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer