|Location||Paso Robles, CA|
|Date Posted||April 22, 2021|
Under minimal supervision, responsible for leading the continuous integration, deployment, automation and production issues, specification and documentation of processes to bridge gaps between development and operations. With little to no direction, Incumbant would help with delivery, tracking, and executing on defined project deliverables as per business and technical objectives. Incumbant would use prior knowledge and experience to lead critical IT project teams for project milestones, respond to critical outages and business impacting events. Incumbant would need to develop strategic and operational plans based on research finding of customer business units. Incumbant would be a liason between Executive Management, Business Units and any partners communication: efficiently and effectively to senior level management on a daily basis.
- Oversee technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Analyzes and documents application integrations, dependencies and data/process flows.
- Owns, designs, builds and maintains automation jobs in support of business applications and integrations.
- Owns, designs, develops and maintains standards for operational deployments of new releases of software.
- Develops relationships with IT development teams, infrastructure teams and vendors for successful design, implementation and execution of operational workloads
- Owns, designs, builds and tests automation tools.
- Deploys complex software releases to PROD environments.
- Owns, designs and develops reporting for process visibility, error rates and automation KPIs
- Designs and develops the process for transition to operations, including tool evaluation, deployment management, change management and communication planning.
- Provides technical leadership of the DevOps function.
- Owns, creates and maintains process documents as needed.
- Researches and implements industry best practices around workload automation and integration.
- Trains and mentors junior team members as needed
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science or a related field; and
- Seven or more years of experience working in a DevOps lead or similar role; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge of and advanced skills in server, application and database configuration/maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of and advanced skills in continuous integration/deployment technologies and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of automation tools, database systems and security practices.
- Strong development skills in at least two of the following: Software, Web, Scripting, Automation, Database/T-SQL, Salesforce, SnapLogic
- Expert knowledge of agile development processes and best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of security frameworks.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally and effectively to diverse individuals inside and outside of the organization, and effectively explain complex information.
- Strong attention to detail; monitors and checks work; completes work according to procedures, standards or other specifications.
- Strong decision-making skills; makes sound, timely decisions after contemplating options.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Quantity: Produces the appropriate volume of work.
- Quality: Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures to learn
- Interpersonal skills - interacts effectively with individuals both inside and outside of the company ; relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Time management and organizational skills. Uses time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates their efforts on the more important priorities. Can attend to a broader range of activities. Meets deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to speak and be understood in English.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion.