|Date Posted||February 6, 2021|
Ref ID: 04951-0011686097
Classification: DevOps Engineer
Compensation: $79.16 to $91.66 hourly
The DevOps lead role will help transform the on-prem organization to a DevOps model. The lead will be owning and driving the plan to achieve target state. The lead will work with teams of engineers and architects to ensure tasks can progress towards a holistic DevOps model.
The DevOps Lead will work alongside our product and development teams to deploy and scale use case solutions and infrastructure while ensuring performance and high availability. As the ideal candidate you will communicate clearly, enjoys learning, deploying and scaling new technologies, and acting as a proponent of automation/infrastructure as code.
You are expected to create a link between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics. You will build tools to monitor the infrastructure, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions. You will be tasked with the continuous improvement of both our On-Premise and Cloud infrastructure.
• Ability to lead internal team meetings on topic
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code principles
• Iterated on best practices to increase the quality velocity of deployments
Sustained and improved the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team
• Develop Automation platform for delivering and managing Cloud and On-Prem infrastructure including, OpenStack, AWS and physical servers
• Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
• Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
• Support cloud and On-Prem servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
• Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
• Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
• Assist other team engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
• Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
• Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
• 5+ years of professional software development experience
• bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
• Configuration management tools - Jenkins, Ansible
• Infrastructure-as-code - Docker
• Experience on CI/CD tools
• Bigdata experience is a plus
• Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS
• Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases
• Strong knowledge in OOD, domain-driven design, and microservices
• Experience working in an agile environment