|Published||November 25, 2022|
Looking for an experienced DevOps Leader for a direct hire opportunity to join an existing software development team. This person will assume a leadership position and will be responsible for enabling the software development team to operate efficiently to continually release value-oriented software functionality to existing production systems. This role reports directly to the development manager and will be expected to work closely with DevOps leaders from other development teams, with experts on our cloud infrastructure team as well as serve as a mentor for junior developers on the team. The DevOps Leader will have ownership of our team's entire DevOps lifecycle and will be responsible for the implementation of the DevOps process. The DevOps Leader's goal will be to maximize the automation of manual tasks for developing and deploying code and data to implement continuous deployment and continuous integration frameworks. They will also be responsible for maintaining high availability of production and non-production environments.
* The DevOps Leader is responsible for creating software deployment strategies that are essential for the successful deployment of software in the work environment. They improve the performance of the team.
* One of the primary roles of DevOps Leader is to assist the junior members of the team to make them aware of technologies like MySQL, AngularJS, Java, MyBatis, Groovy, and so-on.
* The DevOps Leader will work closely with the team's lead developer to establish reusable tools and patterns to maximize code reusability while minimizing build-up of technical debt.
* The DevOps Leader is accountable for designing, building, and optimizing automation systems that help to execute business web and data infrastructure platforms.
* The DevOps Leader also develops self-service solutions for the team to deliver software with excellent quality and speed. They are also involved in designing and developing scaling strategies, automation scripts, and solutions to implement, streamline and executing the software.
* The DevOps Leader is involved in creating technology infrastructure, automation tools, and maintaining source code configuration management. They are accountable for conducting training sessions to the juniors in the team, and other groups regarding how to build processes wherein the dependencies are showcased in the code.
* The DevOps Leader also deals with tasks like management and development of continuous integration and deployment solutions across various sites.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years in software development and work experience as a DevOps Engineer
* Candidates must possess ample knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, and implementation
* Candidates must possess experience in using Windows Server, GitLab, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, and ample experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
* The candidates should also possess experience in the software development process, tools and languages like:
* AngularJS, Bootstrap
* Charting libraries (Chart.js, Highcharts, etc…)
* Business process diagramming (BPMN.io / bpmn-js)
* Java development / Tomcat
* Database persistence frameworks (i.e. MyBatis)
* SQL for relational databases (MySQL or equivalent)
* Git / GitLab for source code management
* Eclipse, Visual Studio Code
* Jersey, JSON, REST
* should possess excellent communication skills, which is essential to execute their duty to the juniors in the team. Having excellent communication skills will ensure that information is conveyed clearly, which in turn determines the team's performance.
* must be a result-oriented individual, self-motivated and proactive beyond their duty. They should be capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, should remain calm during uncertainties and work in a collaborative environment, creative, highly analytical, and strategic thinker.
* Should possess knowledge on fundamental Windows Server, monitoring, editing, and command-based tools is essential. It's also essential to have sound knowledge of cloud infrastructure with AWS and its array of integrated services.
* should be a people's person who is capable of developing a good rapport with other people in the organization. They should inspire trust and confidence in other members of the team.
* It should be ensured that there is no unnecessary intervention in between.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.