|Published||September 15, 2023|
***Hybrid, 3 days onsite, 2 days remote***
A prestigious financial firm needs a DevOps Manager. This manager will manage the group that focuses on developing DevOps tools in Python and building CI/CD frameworks within an AWS environment.
- Responsible development, management, and implementation of a CI/CD framework to make it easier for teams to build, configure and deploy.
- The team you lead is responsible for building the tools only. There is a separate run/operate DevOps team that supports what your team builds.
- Collaborate with Architecture and DevOps teams across pillars to build automation tools
- Conduct architecture assessments and define solutions
- Monitor project status and take remedial action on projects behind schedule and/or over budget
- Present status reports to clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of systems the team builds
- Manage a team
- Direct work of staff and conduct appropriate personnel actions (hiring, promotions, terminations, etc.) when necessary
- Communicate and advise staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods and software change issues
- Prepare and conduct employee reviews as well as monitor progress to satisfy employee management goals
- Ensure that proper funding is added to the departmental budget
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of development experience in a cloud environment
- 5+ years experience in people management
- 3+ years experience building CI/CD pipelines and tooling development.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- 4 + years programming experience developing in Python and/or Java (with at least one year Python)
- 4+ years experience using DevOps and CI/CD processes and toolsets like GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Harness
- Experience with containers like Docker
- Experience with Terraform (Enterprise preferred)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes & Helm
- Experience working in a AWS environment