|Published||July 14, 2022|
|Location||Lee's Summit, MO|
DevOps Release Engineer
Placement – 6 mo CTH
Pay Rate: $65 - 75/hr
Target Salary - $110-112 Conversion
Location – Open to Remote (Cannot acccept Candidates from CA, CT, CO, NY)
Company is a leader in health services for federal employees and related customers, serving our chosen markets with low-cost offerings and best-in-class customer care, sustained by a nimble and efficient organization.
An Executive Order was released stating that federal contractors must require COVID-19 vaccinations for all US employees. As a company that works on federal contracts, we have a legal requirement to comply with the executive order, if it is enforced.
The Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operations of rapid software development. This includes configuring the required infrastructure and automated pipelines to assist developers.
The Engineer is a self-starter, able to work with minimal direction from management, but collaboratively with other DevOps engineers and cross-functional teams. Understands the need for lateral thinking and displays willingness to adapt to new ways of doing business.
Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Company considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
- Assist in developing and supporting automated processes focused on the following practices: Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Testing
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently
- Perform various routines as prescribed by team lead
- Ensure adherence to defined Azure DevOps standards
- Requires three years of technical professional experience
- Requires a minimum of two years of professional work experience with Azure DevOps
- Demonstrable experience with version control using Git
- Understanding of Azure DevOps security best practices and governance
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams to support execution of project tasks
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering preferred
- PowerShell scripting preferred
- Experience with containerization utilizing Kubernetes preferred
- Ability to support Azure DevOps activities outside of normal business hours
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- High-level understanding of system integration working with various operating systems and their implications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Microsoft DevOps Certification preferred