|Date Posted||February 19, 2021|
Come explore Alion, a company that develops state of the art modeling and simulation software to support the warfighter! The Navy Training Baseline (NTB) Continuous Integration and Test Environment (NCITE) Engineer is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of a Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) system to automate the software development workflow and tests. NCITE DevOps Engineer provides CI/CD workflows that follow industry best practices, automated testing frameworks, report generation, and tool development and maintenance for all the enterprise NTB applications in development.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be work with a team of DevOps engineers and software engineers to enhance, integrate, and support NCITE applications based on the needs of the organization and best practices. Primary development and systems management is done on-site with Red Hat Linux 6/7 and Windows 10 platforms using the IDE IntelliJ IDEA to write Java and Groovy with Shell and Python scripting to help automate tasks, and query information and Git as the primary revision control system. Under direct supervision, this engineer is required to:
- Assist with coordinating automation framework integration into DevOps CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) orchestration
- Provide project plan document and Agile Scrum Board in JIRA for project management of the automated framework migration, managing the project planning and reporting for leading tasks.
- Provide remote and onsite automation support and provide training to team members.
- Create process documents for the Automation team, which includes training documents, peer code review, code merge procedures, server maintenance, and IDE configuration (e.g. Eclipse/Maven).
- Coordinate the deployment of the new automation tool with Applications/Engineering.
- Provide guidance to QA and automation engineers for test case design, test case management, test automation, data management, and quality management, using tools like Selenium.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years of applicable work experience
- At least 2 years of experience automating systems level tasks or network programming, i.e. sockets or IP framework, including writing bash scripts.
- At least 2 years of experience writing software scripts to assist with systems administration automation.
- Experience using Java debugging tools like JDB, Java console or similar
- Comprehensive understanding of Java software development
- Ability to lead technical projects, roadmap new capabilities and coach a DevOps team in an agile environment
- Linux/Unix software development experience
- Experience with distributed web architectures
- Experience with CI/CD development and tools management, including working on an enterprise deployment
- Experience with containerization software highly desired, including experience implementing containerization solutions
- Thorough knowledge of DevOps industry best practices
- Understanding of container orchestration using OpenShift, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Gradle and/or Maven, and Artifactory
- Experience with Jenkins, SonarQube, Intellij IDEA, modeling and simulation, Python development and automated test development
- Active DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain one
- Obtaining Security+ and Linux+ certifications will be required if the candidate does not have them already
Security Clearance: None