|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
Come explore Alion, a company that develops state of the art modeling and simulation software to support the warfighter! As a Senior Software Engineer you will lead the Navy Training Baseline (NTB) Continuous Integration and Test Environment (NCITE) team to develop and maintain the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline to automate the software development factory. NCITE engineers will manage the CI/CD workflows that follow industry best practices, automated testing frameworks, report generation, and tool development and maintenance for all of the enterprise NTB applications in development.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will lead a team of DevOps and software engineers to enhance, integrate, and support the CI/CD pipeline based on the needs of the organization and best practices. This is a mixed CI/CD pipeline primarily supporting Red Hat Linux with some Windows 10 applications. You will be helping design and architect the solutions to containerize and then orchestrate the pipeline. We are still in the initial stages of establishing the full pipeline, which we will then ultimately bring into a deployment environment. The engineer will be leading the team while also helping to implement and solve technical challenges. A development background with experience managing systems is required. We are an agile development shop, and this role is primarily supporting the software engineering team. You must have a desire to solve problems and implement solutions. The engineer is required to:
- Assist with coordinating automation framework integration into DevOps CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) orchestration
- Provide project plan document and Agile Scrum Board in JIRA for project management of the automated framework migration, managing the project planning and reporting for leading tasks.
- Provide remote and onsite automation support, and provide training to team members.
- Create process documents for the Automation team, which includes training documents, peer code review, code merge procedures, server maintenance, and IDE configuration (e.g. Eclipse/Maven).
- Coordinate the deployment of the new automation tool with Applications/Engineering.
- Provide guidance to QA and automation engineers for test case design, test case management, test automation, data management, and quality management, using tools like Selenium.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of directly related experience developing, automating and maintaining software.
- In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience.
- At least two years of experience in a DevOps role.
- Experience leading a small team.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding and usage of a programming language (Java and Groovy in particular)
- Experience with Java debugging tools
- Experience with distributed web architectures
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in an Agile team environment
- Ability to lead technical projects, roadmap new capabilities, and coach team in DevOps.
- Deep experience with CI/CD development and tools management, including working on an on premises cloud infrastructure
- Experience containerizing software
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with development in a Linux/Unix environment
- Obtaining Security+ and Linux+ certifications will be required if the candidate does not have them already.
- Hands on experience implementing containerization solutions
- Thorough knowledge of DevOps industry best practices
- Understanding of container orchestration using OpenShift, Kubernetes, or Docker Swarm is a plus
- Experience using Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Gradle and/or Maven, and Artifactory
Favorable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with Java development, Jenkins, SonarQube, Intelllij IDEA, Modeling and Simulation, Shell Scripting, Python development, and automated test development
Security Clearance: Secret