|Location||St. Louis, MO|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2021|
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
As part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO), the Technology Enablement & Pipeline organization has a key responsibility for the Enterprise Pipeline and its Operational Support, across all applications in the Wells Fargo Enterprise.
This opportunity is available for a motivated and experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer who can work closely with application development teams to onboard sunrise applications and maintain daily operational requirements for an enterprise-wide effort. Additionally, this individual will be expected to provide guidance for junior DevOps Engineers and function as an escalation point for challenges that are unable to be resolved quickly by those same junior engineers.
Sr. DevOps Engineers are responsible for interfacing with the application development teams to assist them in determining the most efficient and value-added method of automating their application lifecycle development activities that move their applications through the process to implementation. In addition, to these consultative activities, the DevOps Engineer will work with the application teams, technology partners, and all relevant teams to on-board the application team and their applications into the DevOps automation service. They will lead on-board efforts and matrix teams of automation engineers. An engineer may also assume duties and roles related to Software Configuration Management and/or Development. In this capacity, they will work with version control systems, automated build systems, regression test systems along with many other Lifecycle tools. They will develop, architect, integrate and support the integrated system and components.
- Act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, for Jenkins and Urbancode Deploy (UCD/uDeploy) installations, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs
- Understand the customer build, release and deploy automation needs and provide services that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and Wells Fargo vision and values
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications
- Collaborate with application teams, technology partners, and relevant parties to automate their application build and deploy processes with our version control systems, CI/CD tools, and security scanning systems
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits where ever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Lead projects, allocates work and provides guidance for less experienced staff
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan
- On-board applications into the CI/CD integrated systems and tools within SLA timeframes
- Troubleshoot build and/or deploy issues and provide timely resolutions
- Understand dependency management requirements and ability to reconcile application team needs and best practices standards
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- One week primary/one week secondary on-call rotation (approximately every 10 weeks) in a 24x7 environment
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guide.
- 7+ years of systems support analysis experience demonstrated through work or military experience
- 4+ years of experience working in managed services as demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, UDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of both
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following build type tools: Maven, Gradle or Node.js
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including management
- Strong team or technical leadership experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
- 4+ years of GitHub experience
- 4+ years of Artifactory experience
- 4+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps principles
- 1+ year of CheckMarx experience
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Node.JS build and release is a definite plus
- Ability to follow standards for production deployments
- Ability to troubleshoot various peripheral DevOps tools, such as Sonarqube, Blackduck, and Checkmarx
- Understanding of dependency management requirements, with specific experience using JFrog Artifactory
- Understanding of security and code quality scanning using SonarQube, BlackDuck and/or Checkmarx
- General understanding of package management using NUGET, NPM, Maven
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work on call as assigned
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.