|January 22, 2023
The Digital Principal Devops Engineer - I, reporting to the Lead Director of Retail Engineering, will work with the Ecom and Fulfillment teams to develop and execute tech modernization and business delivery. As a Digital Principal Devops Engineer - I, you will be directly developing platforms based on spring boot, NodeJS, Kafka, Cache frameworks (Redis/Hazelcast), GCP, NoSQL/Sql databases, and data warehouse systems. You will partner with business partners to build products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people. You are considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle. This includes coding standards, code reviews, source control, automation, and test-driven development
The CVS Digital Organization is responsible for omni-channel growth in Health Care and focused on Digital first strategy across all CVS Health business units. CVS Digital IT is embarking on a journey to modernize all the Retail applications and migrate to Enterprise grade Cloud Systems using Open sources technologies - Spring Reactive, Kafka, Caching, Cassandra & Mongo. As part of this journey, we are looking for SMEs who have extensive knowledge implementing these solutions.
In this role as a Digital Principal Devops Engineer - I, you will be a hands-on individual contributor working on cutting-edge applications and products spending 70% of time designing and heads down DevOps works with Spring boot, K8S, Kafka, Cassandra, Hazelcast, NodeJS and cache frameworks, GCP and data warehouse. You will be mentoring and guiding team members 20% of time as well you will be partnering with others in the following disciplines: product and business 10% of time.
Additional Responsibilities of the Digital Principal Devops Engineer - I include:
* Act as an executive technical leader across strategic efforts, leveraging partners, technical leads, and technical expertise to better inform processes and outcomes
* Simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
* Provide knowledge and engineering insight to guide early designs, accelerate project decision-making, pushing projects from conception to customers and maintain close oversight of technical execution
* Articulate the true total value of each technical solution and the overall business outcome
* In the pre-planning process, responsible for reviewing features and epics with product team and providing feedback through continuous refinement
* Provide collaboration/contribution on architecture, runway items and technical artifacts
* Work closely with Platform teams when introducing new tools and technologies into development and CI/CD practices
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
* 10 years or more of overall IT/Digital development experience
* At least 7 years of Retail eCommerce or Order Management applications experience
* 5+ years of hands-on development experience using Java/J2EE applications and Cloud native applications using various Open source and proprietary frameworks - Spring Boot, Reactive systems, NoSQL databases, Kafka, and/or Redis/Hazelcast
* 5 years or more of DevOps management experience in
* GCP Containerization platform - Kubernetes
* Enterprise Kafka setup and Platform management
* Cache Strategy management
* At least 5 years of experience with building automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, CircleCI, and/or Harness
* Minimum 2 years of experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
* Exposure to service mesh platform, such as Istio, Consul, Kuma, etc.
* Big Data expertise with cloud and enterprise level design and implementation
* Scrum/Agile development methodologies experience and thrives working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment
* Ability in handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or equivalent work experience is required
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.