|Published||September 25, 2022|
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a DevOps Lead Agile Coach to be a part of the Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) Transformation team. This dynamic team is in charge of agile transformation across 4,000+ global EFT resources.
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Finance, Human Resources, Risk, Audit and stakeholder relation business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
The DevOps Lead Agile Coach role is a key position within the EFT Transformation team providing coaching support and thought leadership to help drive transformative change through the adoption of agile and DevOps practices. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to enable our transformation and modernization journey. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for teaching and mentoring technical teams on cutting-edge technologies and techniques, enabling teams to be their best, to put the customer at the center of everything we do, and to have fun while we do it.
In this role, you will:
- Establish, lead, and guide successful Agile discipline which embrace and exhibit the Agile mindset, practices and standards to deliver working software
- Promote a learning culture while coaching teams in planning, implementing and delivering high quality software utilizing modern agile practices and principles
- Guide Software Delivery Teams into utilizing modern engineering tools and practices towards a fully automated pipeline
- Provide options regarding process initiation, work structuring, utilization of value streams, and cultivation of interactive application development
- Develop and advocate for Wells Fargo mature engineering frameworks and practices
- Utilize modern tools and techniques to increase code quality, throughput, stability, and security by automating the CI/CD and testing processes
- Facilitate workshops/learning sessions around topics such as: refactoring legacy code, test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD, DevOps, micro-services, automation, cloud, etc.
- Work in a variety of settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as work with diverse teams across different time zones
- Make decisions utilizing Agile metrics and a strategic perspective to show value of practicality in enabling planning, continuous improvement, and thoughtful data inspired decisions
- Coach and provide clarity to the Agile mindset, practice and skills to team and individuals
- Stay up to date with DevOps technologies
- Collaborate and consult with teams to align program goals in delivering final product
- Develop high performing teams that focus on the consistent and repeated delivery of business value
- Mentor other individuals to enable innovative leadership and empowerment of team
- 5+ years experience in Agile Coaching, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- At least 5 years' experience building software products - background of having role(s) as a developer, automation engineer, or ops person
- Skilled in the use of modern CI/CD pipeline tools
- Experience in feature delivery in a technology environment leveraging a modern technology stack including cloud native applications and a robust DevOps pipeline
- Demonstrable experience with Full stack automation (build, test, integration), cloud migration, API gateways, 1-click configuration
- Pragmatic approach to application of agile methodologies and best practices
- Cloud Certification in Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or comparable preferred
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and communication, both written and spoken
- Strong executive presence, facilitation skills, drive for results, attention to quality and detail, and a synergetic attitude
- Working knowledge of one or more Agile Lifecycle Management tools such as Atlassian Tool Suite (or equivalent)
- Motivate and educate the engineering talent and the scaled teams on their learning journey to deliver more value to our customers
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.