|Published||September 28, 2023|
3680 Hacks Cross Road 38125-8800 Memphis,Tennessee United States of America
RC664748 Lead DevOps Architect (Open)
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune "World's Most Admired Companies" - 2020
- Forbes "Best Employers for Diversity" - 2020
- Reputation Institute "World's Most Reputable Companies" - 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium "Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion" - 2019
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council "America's Top Corporations for Women's Business Enterprises" - 2019
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click 'Apply' and tell us more about yourself.
Our Lead DevOps Architect drives the vision and use of work management, resource management, portfolio management tools, and user adoption through the introduction of innovation and continuous improvements within the toolset.
We're looking for experience in building, connecting, and administering applications/services in complex and high-quality environments to support IT and Business Operations. Candidates should be comfortable with cloud environments, their PaaS and IaaS offerings, and using agile methodologies at the team level.
You'll determine and carry-out the best way for code implementation and format of data storage and transmission.
Our Lead DevOps Architect should possess an understanding of software development, software configuration management, deployment and release management, application lifecycle management, infrastructure and infrastructure-as-code, and DevOps tools and processes.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Experience crafting technology solutions that solve business problems.
- Experience in managing multiple technical projects.
- Proficient knowledge of DevOps within an agile / scrum environment.
- Experience using PPM tools, Jira, Confluence, Azure DevOps, Microsoft O365 Suite.
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, or GCP) especially application services, functions/lamdas, serverless architectures
- Practical and deep hands-on experience with RESTful APIs including implementation, monitoring, securing, observing, and guaranteeing throughput using different protocols and tooling.
- The ability to quickly and accurately analyze and diagnose issues with services, implementing code or script with defensive patterns to prevent dataflow disruption.
- Practical and hands-on knowledge of SQL and NoSQL implementations, schema development and maintenance, report generation with PowerBI or Excel.
- Plan, organize, and control resources, procedures, and timing for technical processes and projects.
- Analyze and document requirements by collaborating closely with a range of users in the organization.
- Assist in the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, and status reports.
- Assist in risk analysis and supervising the progress of plans against project milestones and budgets.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project teams.
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent work experience plus five (5) years' relevant experience in project and process planning and management.
- Knowledge of multi-functional departmental processes preferred.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with innovative outcomes which future-proof the solutions.
- Ability to effectively architect solutions and actively participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal skills with ability to effectively multi-task.
- Comprehensive presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
Domicile / Relocation Information
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by October 6, 2023.
Our Lead DevOps Architect will provide an accuracy of technical implementations with solid operational experience and a positive leadership approach. Focusing on automation, integration/interoperability of applications, services, and infrastructure components to be scalable, interoperable, and extensible.
Additional goals are to support of implementations of software solutions by establishing relationships with key partners, identifying and documenting technical/functional requirements, and ensuring that projects are completed to specification within an established time frame and budget.
Colorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, California, Rhode Island, Washington, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey Residents Only - Compensation:
Monthly Salary: $10,293.00 - $12,867.00
This compensation range is provided as a reasonable estimate of the current starting salary range for this role. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include but are not limited to your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
EEO Statement - FedEx Dataworks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
Dataworks does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, Dataworks is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Job Posting End Date: