|Location||Peachtree City, GA|
|Date Posted||March 12, 2021|
Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) Division is currently seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions has an opening for a Lead DevOps Engineer for our Residential Connected Solutions team. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be leading the design & development of secure, scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure solutions to support high availability software and services for IOT solutions in the residential market.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can develop next-generation technology solutions that ensure that our users have reliable access software solutions including mobile apps, IOT devices, and web services. As a member of a creative, motivated, and talented team, we need versatile engineers who are passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and modernizing existing things, then our team might be your next career step.
You will be responsible for leading the developer operations of a team focused on developing web and mobile apps, connected IOT devices, and various web services. You will establish continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices including build automation pipelines, infrastructure as code, and automated testing. You will work with system architects to ensure a secure, scalable, and reliable system design. You will work with IT and Cybersecurity teams to ensure that infrastructure meets and remains up to date for industry best practices and internal standards. You will lead the design and development of monitoring services, scripts, and tools to ensure continuous up time, efficient servicing, and high performance of infrastructure. You must be highly proficient with current DevOps technology, tools, and practices, as well as have the ability to adapt and learn new technology, tools, and practices in a fast-paced industry.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work directly with stakeholders and engineering to deliver high quality solutions.
- Understand and evaluate business needs and requirements in order to provide innovative, competitive solutions which provide value to the stakeholders.
- Work and thrive in an agile environment while still supporting and working within the constraints of capital-intensive hardware development projects.
- Lead implementation of DevOps best practices including cloud infrastructure deployment and integrated CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensure scalability, security, and reliability of cloud services.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code for cloud service providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Design and develop support services and monitoring tools.
- Implement industry-leading cybersecurity best practices to meet corporate standards and successfully pass cybersecurity audits.
- Work with corporate IT teams to ensure infrastructure meets corporate IT standards.
- Provide technical leadership in proposing and adopting new technology solutions, tools, and processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the software or IT industry
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a DevOps role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- 8+ years of experience in the software or IT industry
- 4+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Experience with highly scalable IOT, cloud, and software solutions
- Experience working with Git and Atlassian tool chain (Jira/BitBucket/Confluence), GitHub, or similar version control and issue tracking solutions
- Experience with Bamboo, Azure DevOps/Pipelines, Jenkins, or similar CI/CD tools
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar container/cluster management solutions
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience and proven record utilizing software best practices and adapting to emerging technology trends and methodologies
- Microsoft certified DevOps Engineer Expert or similar certifications
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with web, app, or software development
- Experience with automated regression testing
- Experience working with IOT hardware and software solutions
- High familiarity with Microsoft Azure or other cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong ability to drive for results and take initiative even when requirements may be vague or undefined
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time