|December 11, 2023
Spectrum's Product and Technology team creates, develops, and operates the nation's fastest mobile service, most reliable internet service, most viewed live TV app, and the most advanced WiFi, serving nearly 100 million users and 500 million devices. We are transforming the next era of connectivity and entertainment experiences. The diversity of experience available within Spectrum's Product and Technology team is unmatched and there are opportunities to grow your career as a designer, architect, engineer, developer, operator, or data scientist. We are creative, disciplined, hard-working, complex-problem solvers that believe in collaborating to deliver the highest quality customer experience.
To be completed during/after intake - Lead DevOps Engineer with expertise in packaging and delivering software to a production environment. The Lead Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for product deployments and will be the lead for supporting server software installations performed by development, test, and deployment teams. This individual must be well-versed, have the ability to train in automating software deployments as much as possible, using such tools as Puppet, Chef, Python and Ansible.
BE PART OF THE CONNECTION
As a LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEER on THIS team...you'll lead production support tasks including troubleshooting of system and data issues for both divisional and national systems. This role will be in direct contact with the Production Engineering support team and be the first line of contact for production issues. This role may also include administration and support of third party software. The Lead DevOps Engineer should have expertise with technology (inputs, outputs, and processing flows), and be an outstanding communicator.
WHAT OUR LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEERS ENJOY MOST
The Lead Engineer leads a team of Engineers and Technicians to oversee the smooth and efficient running of IVR applications which serve millions of customer calls every day and has oversight over each phase of maintenance. He/She establishes systems and practices to encourage workflow improvements to enhance the organization's productivity. Enjoy working with Cloud, KORE.AI and leading technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SPECTRUM
- 7 years of dynamic scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Groovy
- 7 years of deploying software such as Pexpect, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- 7 years of Linux or other Unix systems
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or technical field or equivalent work experience
- Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker and various hypervisors
- Strong expertise using monitoring and diagnostic tools such as SolarWinds, Splunk, or AppDynamics
- Experience with DBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL.
- Strong working experience and certifications in Linux Server Administration. Windows Administration, Network experience, and associated certifications are a plus
- Experience writing advanced Python and/or shell scripts and batch files
- Experience using source control and deployment tools, such as Automic, Jenkins, Git, and/or Puppet
- 5+ years in an application support specialist or equivalent position in a large IT organization
- Related work experience with Java & J2EE Development (web services, Servlets, JNDI, ejb, jsp, js), JPA/Hibernate, XML , and Application Servers (esp. JBOSS).
- Experience with software development methodologies, 4D, Agile Scrum/Kanban
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Linux, Unix and Windows.
- Working experience with IVR and Web Services
- Caching technologies - Couchbase or MongoDB
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD pipeline
- Kubernetes and Container skills
- IVR Systems experience - Avaya or equivalent
- Java and Web Services
- ORACLE, Mongo DB, CouchBase
- SQL experience
- Gitlab, Jenkins, ArgoCD
- Extensive experience with software source control tools such as Perforce or GitHub.
- Extensive experience with Linux shell scripting environments such as bash
- Must possess demonstrated in-depth verbal and written communication skills
- Has thorough understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Should be a leader that can facilitate and build team consensus and interact with both the leadership and the implementation teams
- Competent problem solver who can identify and resolve complex issues as part of a team
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to write clear technical documentation for use by developers and testers.
- Ability to work under limited direction and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Travel Ability: 10%
- Full time
- Office environment
- This position is 100% Onsite
- Understanding of robust software development processes and software configuration management policies
- Experience working with agile teams utilizing scrum or kanban
- Experience creating and maintaining virtual machines using VMware or other VM technologies
- Experience supporting HAProxy, InfluxDB, Grafana, ActiveMQ, Artemis
- Experience with Docker and deploying Docker containers
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence, FishEye, and Crucible
- Some experience with Java programming
SPECTRUM CONNECTS YOU TO MORE
- Innovative Tools & Tech: Work with high-performing software and applications on the forefront of the digital telecommunications industry.
- Dynamic Growth: The growth of our industry and evolving technology will power your career as you move up or around the company.
- Supportive Teams: Who you are matters here. And, we aim to foster an inclusive workplace where every person is empowered to bring their best ideas.
- Total Rewards: See all the ways we invest in you-at work and in life
Apply now, connect a friend to this opportunity or sign up for job alerts!
ESW312 2023-25040 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most. Watch this video to learn more.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets. Learn about our inclusive culture.