|Date Posted||February 20, 2021|
Responsible for the management and overall performance of the DevOps function. This role leads a team in administration and management of automated build/release management tools, and overseeing our continuous integration and delivery pipeline. This role collaborates with Software Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure and Architecture teams during software design and development, providing guidance and engineering expertise to improve current processes or design and implement new processes.
This role requires hands on knowledge for both Windows and Linux system administration, strong scripting skills, and experience using an agile methodology approach to software development. Advanced knowledge of build/release automation tools, CI/CD and software and server monitoring tools is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the overall performance and productivity of DevOps personnel reporting to this position
- Lead and mentor DevOps team members
- Work with the Dev & QA to create efficient commuications between the groups and provide timely updates on work ite requests.
- Responsible for promoting and evolving DevOps best practices and continuous process improvement
- Stay abreast of new and future business needs and track and report impact of changes to interdependent functional areas
- Feed suggestions for improving SDLC workflows into the software delivery team
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILTIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Dir, Software Engineering
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: DevOps Engineer, DevOps Architect.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Education & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years' experience in a DevOps Mangement role
- Bachelor's degree in related filed or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in DevOps Enginnering / Architecture
- Strong experience with software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong experience with Agile and Traditional (Waterfall) project management methodologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 5 years design and implementation of CI/CD, DevOps solutions and architecture patterns, preferably on Azure DevOps platform
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment management using tools such as Git, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Docker and Ansible
- Prefered 3+ years experience with Kubernetes
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Essential Skills, Abilities and Example Behavior(s)
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: Provides service excellence to internal and/or external customers. Provides added value. Looks for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests. Addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs. Enhances client service delivery systems and processes. Anticipates clients' upcoming needs and concerns.
- RESULTS ORIENTATION: Focuses efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization's standards. Exceeds standards. Defines ambitious, but realistic, personal goals and standards. Evaluates personal progress against standards. Undertakes significant challenges. Adjusts actions to meet and exceed expectations. Tries new ways to get things done, while taking steps to reduce the risks.
- TEAMWORK / COLLABORATION: Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Proactively assists and involves others. Initiates collaboration with others. Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals. Seeks input from other team members on matters that affect them.
- HIGH STANDARDS: Follows up on procedures, ensures high quality output, takes action to solve quality problems or notify quality issues as appropriate. Exceeds quality standards set by organization. Follows all the policies and procedures for quality set by the organization. Works at a level that consistently meets and often exceeds quality standards set by the organization. Seeks opportunities to improve how work is done, raising the quality of the output.
- BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE: Uses an understanding of business issues, processes and outcomes to enhance business performance. Makes recommendations to improve business operations. Offers concrete suggestions to reduce costs, improve quality or revenue for aspects of key products or services in own area. Identifies potential new clients for own area. Recognizes the value of all major business areas, avoiding a "single area" bias.
- CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: Generates viable, new approaches and solutions. Modifies current approaches. Modifies current approach to better meet needs. Thinks about problems from a new perspective. Expands on the thinking or solutions proposed by others. Demonstrates curiosity, digging for information below the surface.
- FOSTERING COMMUNICATION: Listens and communicates openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus. Fosters two-way communication. Recalls others' main points, taking them into account in own communication. Checks own understanding of others' communication (e.g., paraphrases, asks questions). Elicits comments or feedback on what has been said. Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication with others.
- INITIATIVE: Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise. Addresses current issues. Acts on issues in own area of responsibility instead of waiting or hoping the problem will solve itself. Tries varied approaches and solutions to resolve a problem. Persists when significant difficulties arise.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies problems and the solutions to them. Solves standard problems. Identifies standard problems based on a range of factors, most of which are clear. Identifies alternate solutions, considering applicable precedents. Identifies optimal solutions based on weighing the advantages and disadvantages of alternative approaches. Evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions after implementation.
- TECHNICAL CAPABILITY: Understands and applies functional and technical knowledge and skills to accomplish work objectives. Keeping up to date with new development in the subject area and continuing to enhance the skills. Applies technical knowledge and skills in a range of typical situations, with minimal or no guidance. Follows standard procedures, where applicable, for common tasks. Seeks support from senior staff when encountering atypical issues.
- SYSTEM DESIGN: Identifying and selecting system options which are balanced and optimized and applying techniques to a variety of system design contexts to ensure system interoperability, scale, performance, usability, and security. Demonstrates solid knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency, with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Would require guidance to handle novel or more complex situations. Maintains control over the system design life cycle. Analyzes architecture business requirements and prepares system design proposals. Provides support for problem resolution activities. Conducts impact analysis for proposed changes to the system. Provide system design guidance to the team.
- PROCESSES, METHODOLOGIES, AND TOOLS: The development of expertise and the provision of advice, assistance and leadership in processes, methodologies and tools used in any specific area of technology by focusing on definition, management, repeatability and measurement to ensure appropriate and effective use throughout the organization. Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance, can apply the competency in common situations that present limited difficulties. Selects appropriate tools and methodologies to deliver applications and systems that meet defined organizational business needs. Works with the QA Team to contribute to the continual improvement of QA standards and best practices. Reviews all integration components to ensure that source code control practices are followed. Captures functional and nonfunctional requirements. Develops business analysis practices and standards, as well as associated tools, templates and techniques. Reviews and identifies modifications to existing software development/integration process approaches. Develops new ways to achieve process improvements. Identifies where software process, methodologies and/or tools would increase the IT organization capacity to contribute to meeting business needs. Evaluates the effectiveness of development and integration processes, methodologies and tools used in application systems development activities.
- Ability to sit at a desk and use a computer for up to 8 hours a day; Ability to use hands and fingers to type on a keyboard and use a mouse to navigate; Vision sufficient to view small details on a computer monitor
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day; ability to stoop, bend and lift boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to hear and verbally communicate using a telephone handset and/or connected headset device
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Negligible
- Climate-controlled office environment during normal business hours.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
- May be subject to pre-employment criminal background check and/or drug screening as well as random drug screenings in accordance with company policy
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this job.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.
It is essential for us to work in an atmosphere of friendly cooperation; it is your responsibility to:
- Ask your direct supervisor for an explanation of anything you do not understand.
- Attend Orientation class and any required training sessions.
- Read your job description and Associate Handbook; sign the required acknowledgement documents and return to HR.
Ask any questions about these items as well as any information given to you at meetings and through individual or group instructions, which will assist your understanding of this position.