|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
Middleware DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer will be a technical expert for DevOps practices within the organization, providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with the automation program objectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
1) Leadership / Technical role semi-agnostic skills, global industry disciplines and best practices.
2) Infrastructure / Operations role skills, tools, knowledge, and disciplines.
3) DevOps (CI/CD, Cloud, Containers) role skills, tools, knowledge, and disciplines.
4) Development Operations role skills, tools, knowledge, and disciplines. (This is less import for day to day production but requires good understanding of process and issues development face)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Provides technical thought leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the functional business units in meeting their strategic objectives
• Leverage your exceptional ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
• An excellent foundation of Agile/Scrum Methodologies and DevOps practices.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills and testing techniques
• Solid understanding of resiliency engineering and the concept of fault management and application performance management
• Support CI/CD strategy with stakeholders across various development, operations and quality teams
• Has strong focus on business outcomes and is focused on results
• Has experience in the self-service platform, including Azure portal but also can quickly learn and effectuate a corporate process and ticketing systems (Service Now)
• Leverage Azure Cloud where possible but manage local Infrastructure (Hyper-V, ESXI) provision, de-provision hardware, to ensure that hardware utilization is optimized
• Administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix environments including being able to install, patch and configure applications/environments
• Administrative knowledge of Windows desktop and server environments including able install, patch and configure applications/environments
• Understanding of Basic Networking and Firewall Management, including troubleshooting and testing.
• Knowledgeable in design, implementation, support, and building applications/environments using containers and automate operation processes
• In-depth working knowledge of integration points with the CI/CD tool chain and process using a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs, and best practices
• Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins, and Octopus Deploy
• Familiarity with container tooling including, Docker, Docker-Compose, Kubernetes, AKS, Kubectl, Kustomize/Helm
• Design test environments and production environment for CI/CD tools
• Design and develop (Terraform against Azure) automated processes to maintain, upgrade, test, monitor CI/CD DevOps pipeline for the tool chain (Azure DevOps Pipelines)
• Understanding of monitoring tools (PRTG and Splunk) that are open and commercial
• Familiarity of unit and automated testing
• Feels at ease with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Capable of quickly learning and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
• Experience in Dynatrace monitoring tool
• Nice to have... Infrastructure as code automation tool like Ansbile
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.