|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
The OpenShift/DevOps Engineer will provide on-going maintenance and support of the Red Hat OpenShift 3.11 (migrating to 4.x) platform. The candidate will work as member of a small team maintaining several OpenShift clusters hosting enterprise integrations and utilities as well as associated Jenkins-based pipelines. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with Software Developers and Cloud Engineers to deploy, operate and troubleshoot OpenShift-based services as well as maintain DevOps pipelines used to deploy software and related configuration items.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Day-to-day activities include the ongoing maintenance and support of several OpenShift clusters supporting dev/test, production and disaster recovery.
• Configure OpenShift resources to support on-going and new development requirements.
• Support OpenShift 4.x migration.
• Maintain existing and create new DevOps pipelines to support application deployment and configuration (Jenkins/Groovy).
• Periodically perform off-hours software installation.
• Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
• Provide support for downstream testing efforts and defect resolution.
• Participate in OpenShift platform patching.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with OpenShift 3.x/4.x.
• Minimum of 3 years of UNIX (preferably LINUX) system administration.
• Minimum of 2 years working in a cloud-based environment (preferably Azure).
• Experience with DevOps concepts.
• Experience with Jenkins and Groovy.
• Experience with microservices and containerization (i.e., Docker).
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Proficient with Oracle and SQL.
• Experience with Azure cloud products and services.
• Familiarity with scripting tools, such as Perl.
• Familiarity with Java/JEE/SpringBoot application architecture.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.