|Published||October 1, 2023|
Blume Global, a WiseTech Global group is looking to hire aPrincipal DevOps Engineerbased inPleasanton, CA.ThePrincipal DevOps Engineerrole will contribute to aligning and implementing our security strategy across our multiple software platforms in the cloud. Our applications use a variety of environments and technologies including Kubernetes, APIs, Databases, and Cloud services. As a Principal DevOps Engineer you will define, implement, and improve our security strategy. The role also includes the management of the monitoring & alerting team.
- The Principal DevOps Engineer acts as a Site Reliability Architect to solve Operational problems by applying engineering practices.
- The Principal DevOps Engineer creates a bridge between development and operations by applying a Software engineering mindset to system administration topics.
- This applies to the application development process, infrastructure deployment and operations processes.
- The role is to enable the broader organization to operate using Security and Automation principles, toil management, proper alerting, and monitoring, best practices by providing a combination of platform, process, and culture direction.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to define and determine security and monitoring requirements.
- Define a plan to deliver foundational services to enterprise integration footprint including logging, monitoring, observability, and adherence to security standards.
- Define proactive activities and tasks required for optimization of stability, performance and architecture.
- Create and maintain operational, architectural, and design documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development specifically in the Security/DevOps space.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, Python, Bash, SQL, or similar languages.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as GCP monitoring, CloudWatch, NewRelic, Datadog/Splunk, ELK stack.
- Experience with container runtimes such as Docker and workload/container orchestration using Kubernetes or similar platforms.
- A strong working knowledge of multi-tiered applications, databases, application servers, network infrastructure, security and data flows within these components (required).
- A Team Player with strong communication skills and a CAN-DO attitude.
- B.S. or advanced (preferred) engineering or technology degree.
Hybrid **** Pleasanton, CA
Salary ***** *$140,000 - $180,000 per year **