|Date Posted||January 29, 2021|
MAIN QUALIFICATION: Automating deployment of applications into AWS using Cloudformation or Terraform.
Location: This is a fully remote position. If you are located near one of our client's offices, come have a coffee when you want to socialize!
Reports to: VP of Technical Operations
Job Purpose: Our client's Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Team is composed of resiliency experts that adhere to the principles of DevOps. Client SREs deliver a range of services including automation and configuration management, monitoring and alerting, enterprise infrastructure administration. Each SRE member works directly with at least one software development team with the goal of ensuring maximum uptime, ability to scale, and delivering exceptional features in a timely and consistent manner.
- Champion modern DevOps principles on respective scrum team(s)
- Drive CI/CD best practices
- Ensure monitoring alerting
- Build infrastructure as code
- Provide systems monitoring and log aggregation
- Collection, management, and analysis of performance data
- Operation support including capacity planning, service requests, incident management, and response
- Experience incorporating infrastructure as code and CI/CD principles with database migrations
- 8+ years of experience in as SRE or DevOps Engineer
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Ability to both work closely with software developers and management teams
- Openness to share knowledge and teach others the DevOps philosophy
- Deep experience with Amazon Web Services
- Strong background in ECS, Lamda, Cloudformation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Two to three years of experience developing with Bash, GoLang, Python
- Knowledge of monitoring solutions including DataDog, CloudWatch, Pager duty
- Familiarity with DevOps, CI/CD, and agile methodology.
- Experience with JSON, YAML, CloudFormation a plus
- Familiarity with Database administration for MySQL, Postgress, and Cassandra
- Will collaborate with various teams to assess threats, develop appropriate countermeasures, and in the event of unauthorized activity respond to it.
- Define and develop preventive guardrails, detective controls, and automated alerts and remediation to ensure IAM implementation in all cloud environments are compliant with rS' cloud security standards and policies.
- Experience with integrating static and dynamic scanners in the S-SDLC
- Automates every day and/or repeatable tasks, including security control enforcement
Technical / Educational Requirements:
- We value experience over a degree
- AWS certifications a plus
- CISSP and or AWS Certified Security Specialty a plus
Additional Desired Skills:
- Familiar with AWS security service offerings
- Knowledge of NIST, ISO 27001, and or PCI compliance frameworks
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top 10 rules
- Technical documentation skills