|Date Posted||February 24, 2021|
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford’s Claims IT team is seeking a highly motivated Sr. DevOps Engineer for our complex and critical claims system. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong DevOps knowledge, proficiency in various DevOps tools, experience in delivering CI/CD solutions and a strong background in environment troubleshooting.
Candidate must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have a willingness to understand existing tools and pipeline, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to test and try various DevOps tools. They should be able to make decisions quickly in consultation with technical leads and other team members and subject matter experts, understand the dynamics and critical nature of the various application in the Claims space.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Work closely with various agile teams and enable them with their build and deployment needs.
- Work closely with environment management team and help with any infrastructure automation solutions and proof of concepts.
- Understand the organizational vision for DevOps and ClaimsIT vision for DevOps and align the work accordingly.
- Provide guidance to the junior team members and document the usage of various tools, best practices and processes in GIT wiki.
- Develop scripts/code that conforms to The Hartford standards and industry best practices.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues related to the usage of various CI/CD tools.
- Provide innovative ideas and optimization solutions for automating manual build/deploy steps and increase the speed to market.
- Function as subject matter expert and advocate for various DevOps tools and techniques, requiring depth and breadth in the knowledge of the technologies and frameworks used.
- Proactively identify opportunities in the build/deploy pipeline and other development team challenges and provide solutions for resolving them quickly using various DevOps tools and techniques.
- Communicate actively with the team and solicit feedback on improvements and identify pain points.
- Provide reports to Application Owner and Technical Leads on the progress of the DevOps goals and publish consistent DevOps updates to the GITPages (through GIT Wiki)
- Build, configure, upgrade, and maintain Claim application test environments. Deploy and configure claim applications and/or application changes in compliance with software development life cycle (SDLC) procedures.
- Collaborate with maintenance and project teams to plan, perform, and maintain routine application and product modifications, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Plan and coordinate with on & offshore staff as well as various enterprise operations teams with any upcoming changes in but not limited to software versions, security certificates, interface queues or end points.
- Create updates and maintains environment and deployment documentation.
- Support the various test environment integration technologies and overall health of those environment interfaces.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience in technical engineering or application development
- 5 + years of hands-on experience designing a DevOps pipeline using Jenkins or similar tool, experience with ANT, Maven, Gradle and YAML for build scripts
- Preferred hands-on experience with tools such as Jenkins, uDeploy, Open Shift, Docker, Ansible, NexusIQ, Sonar, Jacoco, etc.
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment solutions for complex applications.
- Strong understanding and hands on experience in using source code version tools - Git, GitHub, SVN and knowledge of GIT flow and GIT commands.
- 2+ years of hands on experience developing applications in Java/J2EE or .NET is preferred.
- Ability to use various open source technologies and toolsets.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and mentoring. Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present.
- Experience in extending APIs of various tools and release orchestration concepts and tools.
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies
- Familiarity with development best practices and DevOps Best practices
- Worked in Agile or SaFE Agile environment.
Any of the following is considered a plus:
- Experience with Docker, Openshift or other container platform.
- Experience using Linux commands.
- Familiarity with Liquibase, Selenium, Bamboo, Cucumber, JUnit Framework and other automation tools.
- Knowledge of Application Server like Tomcat, Weblogic, Jboss etc. and understanding of Infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of an agile tool like Rally or JIRA.
- Public cloud engineer
- Working knowledge of CSS, HTML.
- Familiarity with ELK stack, Dynatrace and other log and app analysis tools.
- Familiarity with microservices.
- Guidewire (9.0 and above) knowledge and/or experience, certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior IT Engineer - IE07BE