|Published||September 17, 2023|
At Evolve we're a hardworking team serious about hospitality. Our teams work every day to make vacation rental easy for everyone - from our owners who trust Evolve to build their business to our guests who rest easy with every stay to our Evolvers who make this difference a reality. Our values anchor our daily decisions and interactions with our customers, communities, and each other. Join our inclusive culture in one of the most rapidly-growing segments in travel. Find your home at Evolve.
Why this role
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be a hands-on technology expert that plays a key role in identifying, building and maintaining developer tooling systems that enable Evolve engineering teams to scale quickly. This role will support and collaborate closely with cross-functional product and cloud teams focused on delivering features to our web platform. This role requires expertise building custom DevOps solutions for modern web applications in AWS and GitLab CI/CD. Candidates must be comfortable creating strategy as well as leading tactically in a hands-on capacity.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and maintain tools for automation that reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency.
- Provision infrastructure with Terraform and create reusable modules.
- Implement application monitoring tools that reflect the wellness of the Evolve application.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify DevOps needs and deliver solutions.
- Take ownership over the establishment and maintenance of Gitlab repositories, create new CI/CD templates and standardize the process of generating new git repositories.
- Enable teams to integrate and deploy code with CI/CD pipelines in a manner that is secure, reliable and efficient.
- Create, build and deploy Pipelines using Gitlab.
- Integrate tooling with build infrastructure and achieve process consistency throughout Evolve.
What makes you a great fit
- 6+ years experience in a DevOps role.
- Success in having provided technical leadership as a senior member of a development team.
- Expert understanding of modern DevOps best practices and how to implement them.
- Experience automating the provisioning of infrastructure (preferably Terraform).
- Experience with one or more application monitoring tools as well as the ability to use those tools to verify the wellness of production environments.
- Senior experience with one or more cloud infrastructure providers (preferably AWS).
- Senior experience building deployment pipelines (preferably in GitLab, Docker and/or AWS).
- Senior experience with containerization and scaling containerization infrastructure with Kubernetes.
- Experience participating in design sprints and the ability to prototype quickly.
- Ability to debug problems that span across systems, and design solutions that span the whole stack.
- Ability to identify and prioritize work in a manner that is in alignment with the needs of the organization.
- Previous success working in a Scrum environment as well as experience working with Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Experience with Jira, Git and Confluence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We currently are able to hire throughout the U.S except in the following states: District of Columbia, Hawaii, and Pennsylvania. If you live in Colorado, you can work remotely anywhere in the state, at our downtown Denver office, or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $138,000 to $159,000, depending on relevant experience . This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional compensation details:
Equity: 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
How we reward Evolvers
Evolvers have access to highly competitive benefits and rewards that support their whole well-being so they can focus on bringing their best selves to work.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave for birth and non-birth parents
- Infertility coverage
- Child care discounts and locator support
- Pet insurance to cover your furry children
- Comprehensive health plans that include a 100% employer paid option for you and your family
- 100% employer-paid dental and vision for you and your family
- 8 free mental health visits
Unplug and Explore
- Take some time away from work with generous PTO, sick, holidays, and a personal holiday to celebrate what's more important to YOU
- Annual Evolve travel credit after 1 year
- Discounts to stay at Evolve properties
Learn Every Day
- World class onboarding programs
- Learning and development opportunities
About Us: Still curious about who we are and what we do? Read more about our business and our culture at evolve.com .
At Evolve, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Evolve participates in e-Verify for all positions.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point in the hiring process, please let your recruiter know.