|Published||September 18, 2023|
Senior DevOps Engineer - Linux
Storable is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer that can build culture and automation to empower our software delivery teams to deploy continuously. You will help manage our AWS environment, as well as engineer and maintain a fully automated CI/CD pipeline that builds and deploys a wide range of web based applications. In addition, you will develop internal standards and work with software delivery teams to provide them the autonomy necessary to deliver, test and monitor our applications using DevOps best practices. Our team is composed of individuals across the globe, and supports products ranging from Websites to container based microservice.
As a DevOps Engineer at Storable, you will:
- Provide training and lead engineering teams towards DevOps best practices.
- Maintain pipelines and automation for delivering code to microservice based environments with GitLab and ArgoCD.
- Build tooling to support infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Utilize Envoy and DataDog APM to proactively monitor and correct application issues
- Build infrastructure repeatability and deployment pipelines for business analytics platforms.
- Lead efforts to improve our site reliability and ensure engineering teams have the tools to help
- Facilitate and help design our container orchestration migrations (Monoliths to Kubernetes).
- Accelerate DevOps tools and practice adoption for legacy applications
- Standardize current logging solution to DataDog
- Maintain AWS resources and design cloud native AWS architecture.
- Develop IDP to scale our engineering organization.
- 7+ years of professional experience in Linux system administration and experience administering Linux in a cloud based environment
- 2+ years of professional experience with one or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby
- 4+ years of professional experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Production experience with Terraform at scale
- Production Experience with ArgoCD and related tools
- AWS administration experience
- Working knowledge of relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Flexibility to operate in an environment with changing demands and priorities
- Comfortable with version control software and using Git workflows
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Experience in uptime reporting and monitoring
- AWS Certification (Developer or Solutions Architect)
- Linux Certification (ex: LPIC, CompTIA)
- Docker container orchestration experience (ex: Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher)
- Experience with monitoring/reporting tools (ex: PagerDuty, Pingdom, Nagios, Datadog)
- Familiarity with platform logging solutions (ex: loggly, logstash, Elastic stack, DataDog)
- Understand network security and implications
- Experience in SRE best practices
- Experience in a containerized CI/CD environment (ex: Gitlab, CircleCI)
- Familiarity in Windows environments for cross product support
Pay Transparency at Storable
At Storable, we believe in the power of transparency to help our employees Do More and Be More. We value our employees and want to ensure equity and fairness in compensation, which is why we make sure to include the salary range or hourly rate in each job posting.
We're happy to discuss compensation further during the interview process because we believe that open communication leads to better outcomes for everyone. We're committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees are valued for their unique skills and contributions.
By applying to work with us, you agree to this pay transparency policy and to the idea that transparency leads to growth, both for individuals and for our company, Storable, as a whole. The range listed below is only representative of base salary. Every role at Storable has a variable incentive. Please talk to your recruiter about the variable pay plan and earning potential for this role.
Position pay range
$126,000 - $174,000 USD
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Storable is a fully distributed company, but is currently only registered for employment in certain states. To be eligible for employment, you must reside in the following states: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY
At Storable, we believe storage operators should have one partner they can trust to help you get the results they need for their business. That's why we've built the industry's first fully integrated platform that offers facility management software, facility websites, marketing programs and services, payments, and deeply integrated tenant insurance capabilities all in one solution.
We leverage our platform in combination with our over 25 years of storage industry expertise to help our thousands of storage customers achieve their tenant experience and operational efficiency objectives every single day.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, two-times base salary company-provided life insurance, emergency loans, legal coverage and more.
- Engage remotely! Since 2020, we've transitioned to a fully remote environment but that doesn't mean we're not connected. We continue to run regular contests, trivia games, and virtual happy hours!
- Instant-access and flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a 'take what you need' vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More - company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for personalized gifts and experiences! Storriors have been able to enroll in scuba certification classes, travel overseas, and redo their back patio among many other things.
- Company anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, adding children to a family, first-time home buyers and more are celebrated.
- We encourage you to get active in the community by joining one of our offsite volunteer and community service events and by using volunteer PTO time.
- Self-care matters, so we offer the opportunity to take a load-off and enjoy a mental health day outside of your normal PTO time.
- Fully-paid parental leave: 12 and 6 weeks for primary and secondary caregivers respectively.
- 'Paw'ternity Leave and Pet Bereavement - we understand that pets are a part of the family and have generous time-off policies, which honor that commitment.
- Caregiver Leave: four weeks of fully paid time away from work to take care of aging dependents or family members, if needed.
- Monthly home data stipend added directly to your paychecks to help cover the cost of home internet, plus a home office sign-on bonus of $250.
Don't check all the boxes? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single qualification, especially in the tech industry. At Storable, we are devoted to strengthening and upholding a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role but your professional background doesn't perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply. Even if this role isn't the right match, we would love to have your resume on file for future opportunities!
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.