|Published||June 27, 2022|
A TEKsystems client is looking to directly hire a Sr DevOps Engineer that focuses in Azure. This role would join a dynamic cloud operations team to lead the design and implementation of cloud solutions on a large enterprise scale. The company is currently undergoing an enterprise wide cloud migration project to move their all their applications and data from a hybrid environment to Azure. They are in a transition phase where they are working with an implementation partner, as well as hiring full time individuals to help with the implementation work, advocate on the project, and have the knowledge base for once the project is complete.
*This is a direct hire opportunity, no contracting*
What you will do:
A Sr DevOps Engineer would report into the Cloud Operations team. A day in the life is as follows: The current teams are split into cloud operations which is DevOps and productions teams which is their Site Reliability Engineers. The teams work together as well as embedded on Scrum teams for development depending on the sprint or the overall demand. This role would be focused on the development of innovative solutions in the cloud, delivering cloud migration projects, and supporting development teams with DevOps technologies (CI/CD pipelines, config management, etc.)
The DevOps teams and their project are running in parallel with the larger Migration initiative that is taking them from a hybrid environment to Azure. The DevOps engineers joining the team would be acting as the execution arm by taking tasks and helping to accomplish overall goals. With the initial implementations from the migration it is essential for this person to understand Terraform. They are using a lot of Terraform, Terragrut, and Ansible and wants someone who understands what goes into provisioning. Additionally, looking for someone familiar with Azure DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, and general tools related to networks and firewalls.
*Top Skills: *
* Experience in Azure - This role will need an in depth understanding of DevOps in an Azure environment including Azure Native tools
* Extensive experience with Terraform - Will need someone with experience creating terraform modules from scratch
* Experience with Azure Kubernetes - Initially this role will be focused on Terraform, but as it progresses they will work in Kubernetes
*Additional Skills & Qualifications:*
• AZ-400 - DevOps Engineer Expert
• In-depth understanding and experience with deployments of various systems in Azure. This includes Azure networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, SQL, storage, Azure AD, etc.
• Experience is needed in Kubernetes (AKS), Ansible/Terraform, Docker, Azure Networking, Azure Application Gateway, Azure DevOps or Git, CI/CD, Jenkins PowerShell, ARM templates and deployment automation using Azure Automation, and Azure CLI
• Understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
• Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
• Strong knowledge of infrastructure solutions, specifically in relation to Microsoft Azure, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
• Design, Implementation and Support experience of sophisticated Azure infrastructure solutions (IaaS & PaaS)
• Azure HA/DR, scaling, and backup solutions (ASR, Azure Backup, Scale Sets)
• Documentation of solutions (e.g. configuration and setup).
• Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
Preferred Qualifications from Job Description (NOT ALL MUST HAVES)
• Relevant certifications including Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-100, AZ-101), Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500), and Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-300, AZ-301) are a plus.
• Experience in Application Development or Data platforms
• Experience with Azure
• Experience with Python or similar programming language
• Experience with Linux, Windows server automation and scripting
• Experience with Agile Scrum processes
Devops, Cloud, Terraform, Kubernetes, Azure, Ansible, Continuous integration
*Top Skills Details:*
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.