|Date Posted||January 22, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
We are looking for a talented senior engineer who is passionate about cloud, DevOps, automation, and software development to join our growing Cloud Practice. As we seek to deliver a SaaS offering to the federal government, the stability, automation, and scalability will be critical to our success. This role will drive for industry best practice and seek to lead a new and growing team to deliver a quality product.
Strong candidates should always seek to deliver work as code in a repeatable manner, have a desire to lead and have experience with modern DevOps technologies to provide high quality technical support and leadership for transformational efforts and teams.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- At least 8 years of experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud infrastructure and networking in at least one cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Configuration management experience through Ansible/Terraform/Chef/Puppet
- Git, CI/CD and other development tools
- Strong scripting skills in at least one language (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Experience leading project technical delivery efforts
- Advanced cloud architecture skills in one of more clouds
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- BA/BS with a relevant degree
- Proven success in consulting to CTO-level clients
- Experience driving technical excellence in the federal space
- Strong understanding of DevOps processes, methodologies and philosophies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of Elastic toolset
- Experience with both AWS and Azure Cloud Environments
- Experience with containerization and microservice architectures
- Relevant professional level cloud or DevOps certifications
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.