|Published||September 17, 2023|
Come join Tyler Technologies as a Senior DevOps Engineer! The Enterprise Supervision team is looking for experienced DevOps Engineers to help build and run services and infrastructure that will enable the growth of Enterprise Supervision's Case Management product.
Our DevOps team is responsible for researching, designing, building, and maintaining the automation tools and infrastructure needed to successfully move features from development through QA to production, managing build CI/CD pipelines, and overseeing infrastructure availability, scalability, and security.
The strongest candidates will have a solid operations and automation expertise and demonstrated software development experience on large scale cloud infrastructure.
Remote | Modesto Metropolitan Area, California | Plano, Texas
- Help develop and implement comprehensive CI/CD pipelines.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor services in a large-scale distributed environment.
- Work with teams to architect, develop, and implement innovative software solutions related to the DevOps, Microservice, and Agile transformation of the enterprise.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.
- Troubleshoot complex environment, software, and workflow problems.
- Perform all tasks related to system, database and software administration in Development, QA, and Production environments, including backups, OS, and software upgrades.
- Tech Stack
- GitLab hosts the team's code and CI/CD
- Infrastructure hosted in AWS GovCloud
- Terraform used for IaC and to manage the DevOps resources
- Applications are deployed using docker containers
- The hosting platform is based on the Hashi-stack (Consul/Nomad/Vault)
- 5+ years of Linux system administration experience (we have a mix of Ubuntu and NixOS)
- 3+ years of cloud-focused experience as a DevOps engineer or software engineer on AWS
- 3+ years of experience working in a CI/CD environment
- 2+ years of experience implementing IaC with Terraform
- Comfortable applying SRE/DevOps/IaC principles
- Working experience with these AWS services: EC2, ALB, RDS, Route53, S3, and VPC
- Experience Implementing and maintaining highly available and secure system
- Experience in the following areas is a bonus:
- The Hashi-stack tools (Vault, Consul, Nomad, Packer, Terraform, Boundary, HCP)
- Working with DevSecOps tooling and systems to meet security compliance obligations
- Platform Engineering and Architecture for self-service developer consumption
- Migrating and managing AWS workloads at a non-trivial scale
- AWS services such as Lambda, Aurora, SQS, Kinesis, API Gateway, CloudFront, and WAF
- NixOS, systemd, Docker, and Traefik
- Interest or experience in functional programming, and Haskell in particular
State-Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements
Salary will generally fall between $69,797 - $149,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.